Sponsored

The SmartCap Gladiator Editions are in production!

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
We appreciate the updates, @RSI North America Inc! I can't wait to get my hands on mine.

I do have a bit of a random question, as I continue to plan out my build components: I looked but was unable to find a picture with your Gladiator canopy with the rear window opened. I would like to use a 270 degree awning (one that wraps around the rear of the vehicle). Will I be able to do so without resting and, inevitably, inadvertently banging the rear window against my awning? Does your window open to parallel to the ground, or higher? Also, can the windows be stopped at multiple positions?

I hope my question makes sense. Thanks! Looking forward to more updates!
Thanks for your inquiry! As mentioned earlier by Blackeye, our windows open pretty darn parallel to the ground. Also, the vent windows can open and lock into one of four different staged positions.
Sponsored

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your inquiry! As mentioned earlier by Blackeye, our windows open pretty darn parallel to the ground. Also, the vent windows can open and lock into one of four different staged positions.
Perfect! That will fit my plan well. Thanks for getting back to me!

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
RSI
Thanks for update and big thanks on response back email. Your Company and another from your side of the world responded back to me. Now when I get done with few other projects and decide exactly what direction I'm going. :like::like: The others I contacted in USA didn't want to respond back with the information I asked about. They're not likely to make my cut.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
RSI
Thanks for update and big thanks on response back email. Your Company and another from your side of the world responded back to me. Now when I get done with few other projects and decide exactly what direction I'm going. :like::like: The others I contacted in USA didn't want to respond back with the information I asked about. They're not likely to make my cut.
They've been amazing with communication for me as well. I had an issue initially with not hearing back from a vendor and they solved it quickly and have even reached out to me directly with helpful information after just seeing my posts on this forum. Some of the best customer service I've experienced.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
They've been amazing with communication for me as well. I had an issue initially with not hearing back from a vendor and they solved it quickly and have even reached out to me directly with helpful information after just seeing my posts on this forum. Some of the best customer service I've experienced.
I haven't talked with a "local" dealer but they wouldn't be local to me a few States away, I'd want it delivered to my address any way. Then to recruit someone to help me lift it on. :headbang: or just finish building the 4×4 post frame for removing hardtop (s) I started in spring then all the dang rain.:headbang::headbang::headbang: and now fall is almost here.

Sponsored

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I haven't talked with a "local" dealer but they wouldn't be local to me a few States away, I'd want it delivered to my address any way. Then to recruit someone to help me lift it on. :headbang: or just finish building the 4×4 post frame for removing hardtop (s) I started in spring then all the dang rain.:headbang::headbang::headbang: and now fall is almost here.
Yeah, I'm in Colorado and we have already had one fairly substantial snow - this thing will hopefully arrive just in time to get it on before full blown winter starts up. I'm probably going to have the shop help put it together and install it depending on how much they want to charge for that. I'm sort of hoping they might give me a deal since I'll be the first one to get one from that specific vendor and it'll give them some experience with it on a Gladiator.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Very excited. RTT arrived yesterday, just placed deposit on my Smartcap. Now i get to stare at an unmounted tent until sometime in Oct. :(

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@RSI North America Inc, are you folks still on target for us to start receiving these this month?

My tent shows up on Tuesday, and I can't wait to get my hands on a cap in order to mount it and head out on the trail!
Sponsored