Status
Not open for further replies.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like a great product. I have to ask though, what is the purpose of these? Are they covers that go over the stock interior?
Modern "luxury" type door panels have something like vinyl over a bit of foam to give a soft look and feel that just feels nicer.

But its also susceptible to scratches and even tearing if you do something like close the door on a piece of lumber. Or if your dog puts his paws on the top edge of the door panel to look out the window.

This is a hard plastic cover that goes over the door panel and protects it. Its funny, when I saw the original glossy covers I had flash backs to NY City taxi cabs. These have used hard interior door panels for decades.
Sponsored

TitanActual

First Name
Holdin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
IT
This looks beautiful! I'd absolutely spring for the satin over the standard look. Hoping to pick up a set in the next year

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
As someone who poked a hole in the rear door arm rest 2 weeks after buying my Jeep I'll probably pick up the satin ones soonish when available.

OP
OP
ThinSkinz

ThinSkinz

First Name
Romina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thinskinz.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Thank you So much Everyone for the input! Super appreciated! It really means a lot to us that everyone took time out of their day to give us their thoughtful input. THANK YOU!!!!

We have the Satin PRO Style now available on the website and we'll have some Satin ACCESS ready by next week :)

ThinSkinz SHOP

Sponsored

JEEPmonkey

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1993 YJ
Occupation
RN
Thank you So much Everyone for the input! Super appreciated! It really means a lot to us that everyone took time out of their day to give us their thoughtful input. THANK YOU!!!!

We have the Satin PRO Style now available on the website and we'll have some Satin ACCESS ready by next week :)

ThinSkinz SHOP
Ordered!! This will be great for protection from the kids, also the dog until the softtopper comes in. Th last gladiator doors had suffered from paws and teething.

BigLizzard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
I make people bigger brighter and louder
Just got my thin skinz. These satin ones look good. With all the cases and dogs I put in the back, I can rest easy knowing I wont take another chunk of leather out of my door.

I hope the front doors are going to be an option in the future.

thin skinz.jpg

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SingGray JTRD, 2012 Dozer JK, 2014 GC
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
Purchased the Satin ones since my primary back seat passenger is my hunting dog. I also haul camping/hunting gear for trips, and I could envision a cooler rubbing on an unprotected door panel for an 800 mi trip could do some nasty damage as well. These will protect against that nicely.

Amazing fit for this product. Probably better fit and finish than a lot of factory parts!

BigLizzard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
I make people bigger brighter and louder
After my wife said how much she likes them, she wants them on the front doors. She also wants them for her 21 compass. I hope the front doors are in development

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThinSkinz

ThinSkinz

First Name
Romina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thinskinz.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
After my wife said how much she likes them, she wants them on the front doors. She also wants them for her 21 compass. I hope the front doors are in development
Super glad to hear she likes them! We are getting lots of requests for the front doors, so hopefully, we can work on those after we release the Skinz for the Tacomas and 4Runners....We also have lots of people requesting the JKs and Broncos, so it really depends on what model or variation we receive the most requests for on our site.....

Status
Not open for further replies.