First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Logistics Manager
So, I am upgrading to 37s and the debate has been narrowed down to Mickey Thompson Bajas or Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Looking for Pros and Cons
Sponsored

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
mickeys are very heavy, some are 77lbs-81lbs, ko2 at 37 are like 62 lbs. The stock mojave tires the MT falkens are 63 lbs, that's a lot of unsprung weight to add. I am currently shopping around I'm Looking for the lightest tire in the size I want. I'm pretty sure the Nittos would be lighter

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
mickeys are very heavy, some are 77lbs-81lbs, ko2 at 37 are like 62 lbs. The stock mojave tires the MT falkens are 63 lbs, that's a lot of unsprung weight to add. I am currently shopping around I'm Looking for the lightest tire in the size I want. I'm pretty sure the Nittos would be lighter
37 ridge grapplers are around 81 pounds

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Are you looking mt or at in Baja boss?

Iā€™ve been a huge fan of the nittos(33,35ā€™s and 37ā€™s!) but recently switched to the Baja boss atā€™sā€¦ they are amazing in comparison.
Baja boss atā€™s pros: grippy, quiet, 3peak rated
Cons: if in mud they can hold it but hey they still got me out of 4 in deep mud, can feel stiff at first
Ridge grapplers pros: when new quiet, grippy on dry/offroad. Nice ride when new
cons: can have a hard time keeping balanced, get noisy at half tread(everytime), after first little bit of tread off, you will notice that they like to slip around corners in wet/snow

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
37 ridge grapplers are around 81 pounds
Thatā€™s heavier than the Baja boss 37 at 80. I have them btw, and theyā€™re amazing.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Are you looking mt or at in Baja boss?

Iā€™ve been a huge fan of the nittos(33,35ā€™s and 37ā€™s!) but recently switched to the Baja boss atā€™sā€¦ they are amazing in comparison.
Baja boss atā€™s pros: grippy, quiet, 3peak rated
Cons: if in mud they can hold it but hey they still got me out of 4 in deep mud, can feel stiff at first
Ridge grapplers pros: when new quiet, grippy on dry/offroad. Nice ride when new
cons: can have a hard time keeping balanced, get noisy at half tread(everytime), after first little bit of tread off, you will notice that they like to slip around corners in wet/snow
I havenā€™t run them, but from what people have said here, Nittos arenā€™t the best on ice. The Baja boss at does very well.

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Those of you with Baja Boss AT, are you getting the E rated tires, or a different rating? If E, what psi are you running them at?

The ones I'm considering are only offered in E. Worried that will feel stiff/harsh compared to my current C rated Falken MT.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I have the Nitto Trail Grappler MT in a 35x11.5R17

Ran them for almost a year. They are heavy and with the Black Rhinos...really heavy.
They wheel great. I feel the side walls are stupid durable.
I have wrapped them around rocks and trees with no issue.
They look good. Nice and aggressive, if that is your bag.
Received a "What size are those tires?? Wow, 35s, the proportions on your truck are perfect," comment this Saturday.
They did get noisier this summer. Mine have worn down and have a few blemishes in the lugs, but I wheel a lot. Colorado rocks are pretty nasty on tires.

I like them in snow, but again. I drive my Jeep different in snow vs my Audi.
The Audi Quattro likes a mix of snow and ice. It's precise and handles more speed.
The old URS6 would rip, but get high centered easily if the snow got deep. (car was lowered)
The Jeep just plugs along. I drive it different. It is a SFA truck and I treat it as such. I used mix of 2wd and 4HI when the traction control starts up.
I live on top of a steep 22 degree hill. No matter the weather, I have always made it up and down the hill safely.

IMG_0013.jpg

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Those of you with Baja Boss AT, are you getting the E rated tires, or a different rating? If E, what psi are you running them at?

The ones I'm considering are only offered in E. Worried that will feel stiff/harsh compared to my current C rated Falken MT.
Iā€™m almost sure theyā€™re actually D rated. They wheel amazingly well, which is important, but they also are quiet, and handle perfectly on rain, snow and ice. Theyā€™re in a bit of a different class from Nittos in my opinion. Nittos are heavier, and have a decent reputation on everything, except for ice.

Sponsored

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I have the Nitto Trail Grappler MT in a 35x11.5R17

Ran them for almost a year. They are heavy and with the Black Rhinos...really heavy.
They wheel great. I feel the side walls are stupid durable.
I have wrapped them around rocks and trees with no issue.
They look good. Nice and aggressive, if that is your bag.
Received a "What size are those tires?? Wow, 35s, the proportions on your truck are perfect," comment this Saturday.
They did get noisier this summer. Mine have worn down and have a few blemishes in the lugs, but I wheel a lot. Colorado rocks are pretty nasty on tires.

I like them in snow, but again. I drive my Jeep different in snow vs my Audi.
The Audi Quattro likes a mix of snow and ice. It's precise and handles more speed.
The old URS6 would rip, but get high centered easily if the snow got deep. (car was lowered)
The Jeep just plugs along. I drive it different. It is a SFA truck and I treat it as such. I used mix of 2wd and 4HI when the traction control starts up.
I live on top of a steep 22 degree hill. No matter the weather, I have always made it up and down the hill safely.

IMG_0013.jpg
It doesnā€™t affect me much but when my 17 year old drives em she goes ā€œman these are heavy and the steering wheel is hard to turnā€

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Iā€™m almost sure theyā€™re actually D rated. They wheel amazingly well, which is important, but they also are quiet, and handle perfectly on rain, snow and ice. Theyā€™re in a bit of a different class from Nittos in my opinion. Nittos are heavier, and have a decent reputation on everything, except for ice.
Yeah, the x12.5s tend to be D rated (33x12.5, 35x12.5, 37x12.5). The 35x10.0 are E rated for some reason.

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/light-truck-tires/baja-boss-a-t

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Mickey Thompson Baja Legend EXP .. Anyone running these? Ive been looking into these for about a month .. A Dick Cepeck clone with a few changes .. 7lbs lighter than the Boss A/T 71lbs VS 64lbs which is what really has me leaning this route. However the aggressive look and reports of great performance on the Boss A/T sure make it tough to decide.

Jeep Gladiator Time to Upgrade, Mickey Thompson vs Nitto 1652196364789

Jeep Gladiator Time to Upgrade, Mickey Thompson vs Nitto 1652196393258

The Welsh Griffin

First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven
Be the Boss !!!