First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Marketing
Considering the Gladiator is a 50 State Emissions Vehicle, that smog check is just a pure money grab.
100%!
It's a joke.
Money grab and admin
Dmv site says you don't need one for a new vehicle but the form they sent me said it is needed.
Again glad they didn't make me have a weight certificate which I read some people on here got.
Was just happy to get it done.
It's now with dealer getting the new steering box
Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
CA will tax you on the original new sale, then used sale every single time you sell it.

mstrav73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
my parents live in Cali, and buy all their cars up here in Idaho, way cheaper. Only difference is they register them here and save the sales tax difference and $70 a year for registration, good thing we have same last name I guess.

TM_Overland

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
if you're a AAA member go to the AAA office, don't waste your time at the DMV. Bring all your paperwork.
I didn't get the smog check before I went to AAA, they still processed the registration. I went and got it done same day. Came back to AAA, they pulled me to the front and finalized the paperwork. Perfection.

OP
OP
Steveg137

Steveg137

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Marketing
if you're a AAA member go to the AAA office, don't waste your time at the DMV. Bring all your paperwork.
I didn't get the smog check before I went to AAA, they still processed the registration. I went and got it done same day. Came back to AAA, they pulled me to the front and finalized the paperwork. Perfection.
agree but you need to have title reg in hand so need make sure dealer does not send It to dmv

Sponsored

Dennisbeyle

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Retired
JTRD 21 purchased peterson Idaho. They charged me CA sales tax and asked which CA DMV I wanted it sent to. Took 2 week and DMV said come in w/smog certificate they verified vin I payed 7 hundred plus license.I bought my daughter a Honda in Idaho same drill it was gas
Sponsored