Sponsored

Tire plug kits - ok to keep it in my truck during the winter? (dips well below zero at times)

Mr.Wilson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and a JL
Was gonna post in (Tech) but didn’t really fit anywhere.
I ordered a tire plug kit off Amazon. Is ok to keep it in my truck during the winter? I live in the northeast. Temps dip well below zero at times.
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Was gonna post in (Tech) but didn’t really fit anywhere.
I ordered a tire plug kit off Amazon. Is ok to keep it in my truck during the winter? I live in the northeast. Temps dip well below zero at times.
I've had mine in back of my Jeeps for 20 years and not had a problem yet. Hope that helps you. My primary one is a Safety Seal plug kit, the new one I got was from Amazon too, it's been in one of my Jeeps since I got it about 2 years ago.

OP
OP
Mr.Wilson

Mr.Wilson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and a JL
I've had mine in back of my Jeeps for 20 years and not had a problem yet. Hope that helps you. My primary one is a Safety Seal plug kit, the new one I got was from Amazon too, it's been in one of my Jeeps since I got it about 2 years ago.
I guess what I’m asking is if the plugs themselves would work if I had to plug a tire in the extreme cold?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I guess what I’m asking is if the plugs themselves would work if I had to plug a tire in the extreme cold?
They should. Maybe put them in your pocket for a few minutes while you prep to plug the tire.

It might make it easier. On the other hand, if plugs can't handle the cold, you don't want them in a tire. You'll be fine.

OP
OP
Mr.Wilson

Mr.Wilson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and a JL
They should. Maybe put them in your pocket for a few minutes while you prep to plug the tire.

It might make it easier. On the other hand, if plugs can't handle the cold, you don't want them in a tire. You'll be fine.
Perfect. Thanks all.
Sponsored