Tonneau Fabric

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
hjdca - while we might not agree on locking it …. thanks for the helpful advice for those that may want to.
Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Hi everyone,

I’m ready to pull the trigger on a tonneau for the Gladiator. I pick the truck up Saturday and don’t want to waste time. I thought I wanted the MOPAR Soft Tri-food, but it seems that the material is a shiny vinyl from some pics. I want something that will match my premium sun rider soft top. I’m looking for suggestions. Thanks everyone.
There's a ***soft*** trifold? Anyway, the Mopar ***roll-up*** soft tonneau fabric is identical to the premium top fabric.
Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Fabric IMG_20200423_113512

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
There's a ***soft*** trifold? Anyway, the Mopar ***roll-up*** soft tonneau fabric is identical to the premium top fabric.
Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Fabric IMG_20200423_113512
There is a soft tri-fold from Mopar. I have one on my truck. The dealer installed it, since it wasn't ordered with a cover from the factory. It is a nice material, not shiny, and looks similar to the soft roll-up but with more of a matte finish. It has latches in the back to hold it down, and straps up front to hold it down when driving with it open.

OP
OP
JKLivin833

JKLivin833

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
T
There is a soft tri-fold from Mopar. I have one on my truck. The dealer installed it, since it wasn't ordered with a cover from the factory. It is a nice material, not shiny, and looks similar to the soft roll-up but with more of a matte finish. It has latches in the back to hold it down, and straps up front to hold it down when driving with it open.

the trifold I’ve seen has a faux leather thing going on. the soft roll would be ideal but dealers want over 900 plus tax. Insane!

TexRivers

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Moab
Hi everyone,

I’m ready to pull the trigger on a tonneau for the Gladiator. I pick the truck up Saturday and don’t want to waste time. I thought I wanted the MOPAR Soft Tri-food, but it seems that the material is a shiny vinyl from some pics. I want something that will match my premium sun rider soft top. I’m looking for suggestions. Thanks everyone.
I have the Mopar roll up. It’s not shiny at all. Has been water tight through multiple car washes. Love it.

Sponsored

JBuckeye81

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hi everyone,

I have the premium soft top on my JT Rubicon. I went with the Rugged Ridge Folding Tonneau cover (purchased Online for $423 at Morris 4x4). The cloth material is not a perfect match with the premium soft top, but it’s very close. I really like it. Very easy to install and great fitment with no leaks.

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR
Occupation
Retired
Hi everyone,

If you get the Mopar roll up it will match perfectly with the twill version of the sun rider. I have both on mine and match perfectly.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I installed a Rugged Ridge Hard rolling tonneau a couple weeks ago. It matches the premium soft top perfectly. I made a bracket in order to install it without the cargo rail.

Steve
Not to hi-jack the thread, but is your RR Hard Rolling tonneau leaking at all? I installed mine two weeks ago and am getting water in the bed. I replaced the OEM soft rolling cover - never had leak on that one.

Thanks.

OP
OP
JKLivin833

JKLivin833

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Everyone,

thanks for all of the great input. I was able to find a forum member who took his OEM soft rolling tonneau off the day after he bought the Gladiator, and he’s shipping it out tomorrow. What Jeep wants for that tonneau from a vendor is insane.

Katch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Green olive Rubicon, Walker Bay RIB and a couple Aprilias
Not to hi-jack the thread, but is your RR Hard Rolling tonneau leaking at all? I installed mine two weeks ago and am getting water in the bed. I replaced the OEM soft rolling cover - never had leak on that one.

Thanks.
I've only had mine on for three weeks (Jeep's only a month old). I had it at my cabin in an all-day downpour. The only water was a little came down the side. My Jeep was parked on a slight hill at a angle, so I figure the water came in from the side. I haven't driven in a downpour yet. I did pick up a couple nice Craftsman storage bins at Lowes to keep things completely dry.

Steve

Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have the premium soft top on my JT Rubicon. I went with the Rugged Ridge Folding Tonneau cover (purchased Online for $423 at Morris 4x4). The cloth material is not a perfect match with the premium soft top, but it’s very close. I really like it. Very easy to install and great fitment with no leaks.
Do you have the trail rail system? Looking for one that is the premimum material that mounts to the factory option of the trail rail system.
Thanks

JBuckeye81

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
JBuckeye81 said:

Do you have the trail rail system? Looking for one that is the premimum material that mounts to the factory option of the trail rail system.
Thanks
No, I do not, but I’ve been very happy with the top.
https://www.morris4x4center.com/rugged-ridge-armis-soft-folding-bed-cover.html
Sponsored