Sponsored

Trail cam

Canada g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator overland
I received my gladiator last week and when ordered it I wanted the trail cam.
on an other vehicle I have a 360 degree camera and this is a must have for me. Now, I asked the dealer if the trail cam turns on when you drive at low speeds. I can not see where I can activate that feature. Or maybe it is just not possible. If not can zautomotive or jscan fix this.
thanks
Sponsored

Weasel Caesar

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
At low speeds, you can access the trail cam in either the offroad settings, or (more conveniently) it can be activated in the back-up camera menu. I use it all the time when parking in tight spots... like my garage 😁

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
At low speeds, you can access the trail cam in either the offroad settings, or (more conveniently) it can be activated in the back-up camera menu. I use it all the time when parking in tight spots... like my garage 😁
I made the forward trail cam one of the six configurable buttons on the bottom of my 8.4" display. Just take the icon for it and drag it down there to replace something you need less.

OP
OP

Canada g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator overland
I made the forward trail cam one of the six configurable buttons on the bottom of my 8.4" display. Just take the icon for it and drag it down there to replace something you need less.
I have done that also but each time you have to activate the camera. In the case you park it when you back up it activates the rear one and if you move forward you have to select the front one. Backing up select the rear one, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Canada g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator overland
Done that already but I want more :)

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
When I got mine last March, I could use the front cam at any speed for maybe 15 seconds. Somewhere along the way, the updated software took that away. Now, I can only activate it when I'm below about 5 mph. If I activate it while stopped, it will run for about 15 seconds up to any speed I can achieve before it turns off.

Last edited:

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
I have done that also but each time you have to activate the camera. In the case you park it when you back up it activates the rear one and if you move forward you have to select the front one. Backing up select the rear one, etc.
When I had my JKU I added a Apline head unit with front and rear camera. Loved the functionality it had... When you backed up the rear camera came on (standard feature) but when you went from backup to drive the front camera would display automatically for 15-20 seconds. .. Thus, when parallel parking the head unit screen would flip back and forth automatically. It was a thing a beauty... really wish this was an option on the factory system or even with a Tazer/JScan etc.... Cheers!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Canada g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator overland
When I had my JKU I added a Apline head unit with front and rear camera. Loved the functionality it had... When you backed up the rear camera cam on (standard feature) but when you when from backup to drive the front camera would display automatically for 15-20 seconds. .. Thus when parallel parking the head unit screen would flip back and forth automatically. It was a thing a beauty... really wish this was an option on the factory system or even with a Tazer/JScan etc.... Cheers!
Exactly that I like to have. Every vehicle with rear and front camera does that. Can not be that difficult to have this on a Jeep. Should ask tazer if it can be done.
thanks

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Of course. I like what you're asking for, especially as the thread has gone further along to clarify it. But I was responding to another poster, who may not be aware of that feature (thus the quote I used). And to anyone who might in the future search and stumble onto this thread and not realize it.

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
When I had my JKU I added a Apline head unit with front and rear camera. Loved the functionality it had... When you backed up the rear camera came on (standard feature) but when you went from backup to drive the front camera would display automatically for 15-20 seconds. .. Thus, when parallel parking the head unit screen would flip back and forth automatically. It was a thing a beauty... really wish this was an option on the factory system or even with a Tazer/JScan etc.... Cheers!
I submitted the idea to Z Automotive, the manufacturer of Tazer and received the reply below. Hope something comes of this.... Cheers!

Hi,

That makes sense to me. I added that to our document and the engineer will take a look and see if that's doable.

Thanks,
Ian S
Z Automotive

OP
OP

Canada g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator overland
I submitted the idea to Z Automotive, the manufacturer of Tazer and received the reply below. Hope something comes of this.... Cheers!

Hi,

That makes sense to me. I added that to our document and the engineer will take a look and see if that's doable.

Thanks,
Ian S
Z Automotive
Thank you sir!

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Hi,

Thanks,
Ian S
Z Automotive
That's an excellent idea!

Thanks!
Dave
Sponsored