Sponsored

Trail camera and backup camera question ?

FLACRACKER

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Hello, hope all is well. I know the simple thing to do would be to do would be to buy OEM trail camera. I guess it's my nature to like workarounds. I wondered if anybody has tried placing a splitter wire at the backup camera wiring for a trail camera (after market) with switch to separate the two cameras.
Using the backup camera view option in the camera settings, in forward motion, when toggled to the "trail camera". I have yet to search for any threads for this idea. What do y'all think ?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, hope all is well. I know the simple thing to do would be to do would be to buy OEM trail camera. I guess it's my nature to like workarounds. I wondered if anybody has tried placing a splitter wire at the backup camera wiring for a trail camera (after market) with switch to separate the two cameras.
Using the backup camera view option in the camera settings, in forward motion, when toggled to the "trail camera". I have yet to search for any threads for this idea. What do y'all think ?
There has been a few threads on this. To add the front trail camera afterwards requires additional parts and wiring that takes a lot of time and about $1600, and assistance programming to get it to work. There is also the ZAutomotive (Tazer) option that connects to the cargo camera port, for around $200, but is not HD like the factory option, and also requires programming to make work (can be activated with a Tazer). I was hoping for a kit from Jeep to add one to my Overland, but it doesn't look like it will happen. This is something that needs to be ordered from the factory. Maybe there will be a good HD aftermarket kit in the future.