rh22

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Renegade, 2018 Cherokee
No receiver?
No receiver.....I actually just installed the aftermarket Curt hitch this morning but nothing from the factory.
Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
No receiver.....I actually just installed the aftermarket Curt hitch this morning but nothing from the factory.
Weird that you still get hitch zoom.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
You have a picture of it, please?
Well, I will eat crow. I swore when I went out and looked there were no bars. Got in the truck this morning, and sure enough, black bars. Sorry about that

Reactions: Mac

Rundeep_32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Hello everyone thank you for welcoming me to your group.

I am bringing back this older post because I have a similar situation that is a little bit different…. much like this entire post stated, the reverse camera was not filling up the whole 7.0 screen... My Gladiator is a base sport with roll-up windows and manual door locks and a manual transmission… But that's the way I wanted it :) shortly thereafter I bought a used 7.0 radio and I could swear that when I put it into reverse it filled up the whole screen, not just the box in the center of the whole screen. I ended up giving it to my son for use in his JL. He's 18 so I figured car play and the bigger reverse screen would help the rookie out. After we installed it in his JL the 7 inch screen filled up the reverse camera edge to edge. This thread mentions that the JL's and the JT's might have different cameras but nothing ever definitive was concluded.

I ended up getting a 2nd used 7.0 radio for my JT which works terrific in every way except for the backup camera not filling up the entire screen.

However, with mine, everything is shifted to the left (not the more common centered with black margins) so I'm wondering if there's anything that ever came out of this conversation cause the thread kind of abruptly ended, and it seems like there is a lot of questions out there.

I should mention my son's 7.0 is from a 2020 JL and mine is from a 2018 JL. They are both made by Delphi and have the same part numbers. I bring this up because it was mentioned in this thread that perhaps there was a hardware or software change somewhere down the line…

Does anyone have the symptom that I have where it's not centered as seen in this picture? I do have a tazer mini controlling a couple of things like LED lights so I'm not sure if there's a setting there that I need to change. I should also mention that the tazer turns off the license plate lights to reduce glare when put in reverse. I do have the factory tow package and the zoom button doesn't work and when I hit the X button on the upper right hand side it just disappears and the zoom button still doesn't work.

I love a good mystery! Thank you very much, Ed

Subject.png

IMG_4161.JPG
Sponsored