First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
OK.........I have searched and read about every thread I could find on tube doors. Seems to be a whole lot of questions and only a few answers. So, I was dead set on Mopar tube doors but after seeing them in person and messing around with then for twenty minutes, I decided to go another route. I love the Mopar doors but I want to paint or powder coat them orange. The Mopar doors also bulge way out and I thought that might be an issue with my Rain Gear cab cover. Also after spending $1200 plus mirrors, I would be depressed if I screwed then up with paint. So I decided to shop around. I found the Body Armor tube doors on sale on Amazon for $302 and free shipping for the front set. I also bought the rear pair for $302 and free shipping. So if I screw them up with paint I will have the money to get them stripped and powder coated. So that is my logic.

The front tube doors have exceeded expectations! To me, they look similar to the Mopar doors but are heavier. They do not have the Jeep hinges and fancy latches but they are simple and functional. No problem putting them together. I did play around to get the latches centered. Had to adjust the hinges and latch plate. I put in both bottom hinge bolts to get the hinges straight and then tightened everything down. I am going to tack weld the hinges to the doors. Probably don't need to but just will make me feel better about long-term alignment.

After playing around with adjustments for 20 - 30 minutes the doors opened and latched perfectly. The bottom rubber bumper is the key to a tight close and absolutely no raddle.

I found a couple of mirrors for a good deal. Had to go to Ace to get 1/4-28 black oxide bolts and lock nuts.

So I am going to take off the latches, sand down with a sponge sanding pad and then paint with Rustoleum Kubota orange spray paint. Put back on the latches and rubber bumpers and ride! So time will tell how they do.

I will post some more pictures and updates as I move along. So far very happy!

https://www.amazon.com/Body-Armor-2...c5-89d4-0c21388b62b7&pd_rd_i=B08JCY3516&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Body-Armor-2...c5-89d4-0c21388b62b7&pd_rd_i=B08JJB4TZQ&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Passenger-Te...mzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

tube door 1.jpg

tube door 3.jpg

tube door hindges.jpg

tube door latch and bumper.jpg

tube door mirrors.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Freebooter

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Almost Retired
Finished my cutting and grinding. Rears were pretty simple. The fronts had more welds and in tougher places to remove the flat welded facia. Wanted the Mopar tube door look, so this is as close as I could get. Will do a little Bondo to smooth out rough spots, sand, then prime, paint and clear matte coat.
Jeep Gladiator Tube Doors: Body Armor (2023) IMG_1260
Jeep Gladiator Tube Doors: Body Armor (2023) IMG_1261
Jeep Gladiator Tube Doors: Body Armor (2023) IMG_1262

Rozik169

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator overland
Occupation
Pa turnpike
Hey why don’t u take them to line x they can color. Match orange all u need is a paint code I bet they would look sick.

OP
OP
Freebooter

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Almost Retired
Gary...........that is a great idea! I already have all the paint BUT I will look into that.

OP
OP
Freebooter

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Almost Retired
I am going to stick with paint..............but LineX will be my back up. Got everything adjusted and spot welded the hinges. One coat of primer. Hopefully tomorrow I can fill in a few places and final sand. Then paint if the weather is warm enough.

Jeep Gladiator Tube Doors: Body Armor (2023) tube doors primed

Sponsored

OP
OP
Freebooter

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Almost Retired
That is really going to look cool. Rough numbers, what is the cost for LineX? Do they have to strip them?

Sponsored

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Quite the project.
I was able to grab a brand new in the boxes set of Aries doors a few weeks ago for about 50% of retail.
Test fit was great with no adjustment needed.

Jeep Gladiator Tube Doors: Body Armor (2023) tube doors painted
nice! can you share where you got this deal?