Sponsored

Turn signal error after removing programer.

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
I installed the Superchip flashcal F5 on my JT 2 yrs ago to correct for tire size, tire sensor, and LED front turns.
Recently I decided to put my Standard lights back on. I did the usual “restore to stock” procedure and now I keep getting the front turn lights out error on my dash.
The turn signals work normally on the outside, but the green arrows on the inside start hyper flashing after about 20sec. Then they do it every time I use them.
I’ve tried reinstalling and uninstalling the LEDs, the programmer, and the standard lights several times. Also disconnected the batteries a couple times because tech support told me that would reset everything to stock.
Still no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Also disconnected the batteries a couple times because tech support told me that would reset everything to stock.
Still no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?
Doesn't really "return everything to stock" - it will retain things like settings for LEDs, tire size changes and that sort of thing that get written to the configuration. I had batteries in my 2020 disconnected for hours multiple times and never lost a setting I had changed.
Can't say how THAT programmer works, but generally speaking, if it's a setting change like turning something to LED or not LED, you'd need to undo that setting - unless that programmer does it for you.
Once something is set or changed in the truck's settings, those settings remain.

OP
OP
Puch

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Doesn't really "return everything to stock" - it will retain things like settings for LEDs, tire size changes and that sort of thing that get written to the configuration. I had batteries in my 2020 disconnected for hours multiple times and never lost a setting I had changed.
Can't say how THAT programmer works, but generally speaking, if it's a setting change like turning something to LED or not LED, you'd need to undo that setting - unless that programmer does it for you.
Once something is set or changed in the truck's settings, those settings remain.
Yes, you need to go into a menu and change or not change the different options (LEDs). I have gone into the menu and changed each option back to original and also reset all options to stock. Then physically removed the module (similar to the tazer). Then disconnect the batts.
I’ve gone back and forth trying different combinations of settings too and no luck.

dave316

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Police Officer
I have a tazer in my 2021, no issues at all after 24000 miles, until yesterday. I have the flat fender kit with yellow round led turn signals and marker lights. They all work fine but the dashboard is telling me the left on is out. Front and rear signals work as they should, but green arrow in dash hyper flashes as if the signal isn’t working. Any remedy? I did a full reboot, 2 sleep cycles, and even married and unmarried. Same issue. Keep in mind, no issues for 24000 miles

OP
OP
Puch

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
I have a tazer in my 2021, no issues at all after 24000 miles, until yesterday. I have the flat fender kit with yellow round led turn signals and marker lights. They all work fine but the dashboard is telling me the left on is out. Front and rear signals work as they should, but green arrow in dash hyper flashes as if the signal isn’t working. Any remedy? I did a full reboot, 2 sleep cycles, and even married and unmarried. Same issue. Keep in mind, no issues for 24000 miles
I never found a solution for my front directionals. Ended up putting led bulbs back in and used the flashcal to set it to LEDs.
Just curious, did you bring your vehicle to a dealership for any reason while the tazer was installed?
Sponsored