First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500, 2011 BMW 335i, (Potental) '21 Rubicon
Occupation
Construction & Renovations
I got the 813 Fabrications rear seat mount. Some day I might hack into and run a small flexy hose under the carpet into that area where the compressor is. So I can flick the ac on for a bit to keep it cooled off as it's in operation.

Also, i'll be running it to separate exterior connection points.

https://www.813fabrication.com/arb-twin-compressor-mounts

I see they offer a few different locations now. Just another option.

OP
OP
DankjeeP

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
I got the 813 Fabrications rear seat mount. Some day I might hack into and run a small flexy hose under the carpet into that area where the compressor is. So I can flick the ac on for a bit to keep it cooled off as it's in operation.

Also, i'll be running it to separate exterior connection points.

https://www.813fabrication.com/arb-twin-compressor-mounts

I see they offer a few different locations now. Just another option.
The behind the seat one is interesting, but seemd a little tight.
I was looking at their bed mount, and that is still an option, but I don't have the cover or the rails lol. Was keeping my options open when I ordered the Jeep.

OP
OP
DankjeeP

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Not sure why there was no "where the hell are you supposed to put a twelve pack on the way home from work?" type comment.

Well I pulled the trigger on this one and I finally got an email telling me it has shipped. Now I'm wondering if it will work on the passenger side so I can fit a 12 pack on the driver side lol.
I like the passenger side option also for the reason the wiring will be shorter. I'll post up when I get it figure out.
I will also reserve all customer interaction reviews with MORE (hint: NONE!) since I ordered.

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
SCG
Not sure why there was no "where the hell are you supposed to put a twelve pack on the way home from work?" type comment.

Well I pulled the trigger on this one and I finally got an email telling me it has shipped. Now I'm wondering if it will work on the passenger side so I can fit a 12 pack on the driver side lol.
I like the passenger side option also for the reason the wiring will be shorter. I'll post up when I get it figure out.
I will also reserve all customer interaction reviews with MORE (hint: NONE!) since I ordered.
Get some rubber floor mats in back and your 12 packs wont slide around in front of the rear seat!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DankjeeP

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Get some rubber floor mats in back and your 12 packs wont slide around in front of the rear seat!
I have no trouble...never mind

Speedy_12139

First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500, 2011 BMW 335i, (Potental) '21 Rubicon
Occupation
Construction & Renovations
Or, an even better idea, is move on up to a 24 ahaha

maybe even strap em in with a seat belt. keep your loved ones safe

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
Keith.........any updates on your compressor install? Researching and looks like the MORE under the rear seat mount might be the best option.

OP
OP
DankjeeP

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Keith.........any updates on your compressor install? Researching and looks like the MORE under the rear seat mount might be the best option.
Hi Brad,
I like the mount overall. I may fab up my own bottom plate to move it to the passenger side, but to be honest I think it works great for me. Just be aware MORE did not respond at all when I asked about shipping etc, not email, didn't answer the phone, etc, so there is that. But it did arrive and I had no issue installing the mount. I moved on to finishing up the winch install and got that done and then I ordered some 6ga cables from https://www.batterycablesusa.com/ to go to the battery. I have no affiliation with anyone, just thought they had a nice website with great "made to order" cables and other stuff like Anderson connectors etc. but the shipment got hung up in the winterbeast storm in the south, so still waiting for that shipment.

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
I have been thinking of moving the compressor to the passenger side also. Away from traffic and shorter run for wiring. Need to get the compressor and just play around with it. I like 6 ga also. I am thinking of using a Blue Sea 80 amp breaker/switch at the battery and a Blue Sea bus bar under the seat. That way I can also run power on to the bed. Thanks for mentioning Battery Cables USA, great site and prices.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DankjeeP

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
I have been thinking of moving the compressor to the passenger side also. Away from traffic and shorter run for wiring. Need to get the compressor and just play around with it. I like 6 ga also. I am thinking of using a Blue Sea 80 amp breaker/switch at the battery and a Blue Sea bus bar under the seat. That way I can also run power on to the bed. Thanks for mentioning Battery Cables USA, great site and prices.

Hey Freebooter, I finally got off my butt and did the compressor install today. I ended up going with the original plan and mounted it on the driver side since my wife wants to remove the passenger side of the 60/40 rear seat for our dog lol. NE1 want passenger side rear leather seat for $???.??
Anyway, it was a piece of cake really once I decided to run the 6awg over to the driver side in the engine bay. I plan to add the circuit breaker like you mentioned. There is a local West Marine that has them. I put some pics on my build link.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/dankjeep-build.40105/