Sponsored

Unidentified Dash Light

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I recently had this yellow warning? light come on in my speedometer cluster. I cannot find it in the manual. Does anyone know what this is?

tempImageCq4fno.png
Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
The yellow light is showing that your rear fog lights are on...

...so unless you have added rear fog light(s), it’s an error in the BCM.

Try resetting the BCM by pulling both batteries.

Kevin

OP
OP
Dave from Maine
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
The yellow light is showing that your rear fog lights are on...
Thanks, and now the rest of the story. It started with installing SV4 LED fog light bulbs which would switch on and off by themselves. Most likely caused by a different voltage draw than the standard halogen bulbs. I remedied the problem with a Tazer Mini. The 2021 Gladiator has a toggle for LED or Std. headlights and fog lights that when switched over to LED cured the problem. However, now the fog lights have a second position on the button. One touch turns them on, second touch keeps them on but the yellow dash light illuminates. Third touch shuts fog lights and dash light off. Perhaps I toggled on rear fog lights??

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Sounds like it: that’s exactly how the switch is described as working with the rear fog lights installed.

Kevin

OP
OP
Dave from Maine
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator

Sponsored

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
You just replaced the bulbs in the front fog lights, right?

My guess is you enabled rear fogs on accident.

OP
OP
Dave from Maine
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
You just replaced the bulbs in the front fog lights, right?

My guess is you enabled rear fogs on accident.
Yes, only the front. I just paged through all of the Tazer functions and I did not see "Rear Fog Light" option. Tazer is pretty slick though. Got rid of the "Stop/Start" feature and tweaked a few other things.

Phred01

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Sunbeam Alpine, 2018 Golf GTI, 2013 Turbo Beetle Convertable to be replaced with 2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, only the front. I just paged through all of the Tazer functions and I did not see "Rear Fog Light" option. Tazer is pretty slick though. Got rid of the "Stop/Start" feature and tweaked a few other things.
Doesn't the Tazer have an option to keep the fog lights on while high beams are on? Could this light be the indicator you have this option turned on?

OP
OP
Dave from Maine
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Doesn't the Tazer have an option to keep the fog lights on while high beams are on? Could this light be the indicator you have this option turned on?
Yes, it is called "Fog Light Drop Off", keeps the fogs on when high beams are turned on if you change the setting. It is not this causing the indicator light. Kevin D is spot on, it is for a rear fog light. I am going to play with some of the Tazer features today. You can also turn on the auxiliary switch feature if you add the up fitter switches and it may have something to do with that since I switched it to on.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Yes, it is called "Fog Light Drop Off", keeps the fogs on when high beams are turned on if you change the setting. It is not this causing the indicator light. Kevin D is spot on, it is for a rear fog light. I am going to play with some of the Tazer features today. You can also turn on the auxiliary switch feature if you add the up fitter switches and it may have something to do with that since I switched it to on.
You might want to do a walk around to see if you do have rear fogs! They shipped you an export model by mistake!

OP
OP
Dave from Maine
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I finally found out what was going on here. There is a Tazer "switch" to turn on for the factory LED Halos which I had unknowingly switched on. I "unmarried" the Tazer and then reconfigured it. When I was done my after market SV4 LED headlights and fog lights worked perfectly and the additional switch setting and dash light were gone. I cannot say enough about how bright the SV4 LED headlights and fog lights are and recommend them to anyone looking to upgrade.
Sponsored