TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone interested in small form factor, vent replacement turn signals, I picked up a set on amazon. I believe there are variations on ebay as well. They were actually kind of difficult to find because I wasn't sure what to search. I actually came across them on one of the Facebook pages a little while back

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082F4P3MR/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apap_5Wc2UqQo6C7Wm

My impressions: They're incredibly bright, and are well made considering their price (around $40). They do require a bit of DIY wiring, but it was straightforward. There are various options out there, such as Oracle's new offering that have different features at a higher price point, so do your research and figure out what you need beforehand.

Jeep Gladiator Vent Turn Signals 20200307_170726
Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Nice! I'd love to do this but I'm really apprehensive about cutting into wiring and doing my own stuff like this :( Also, not having a Tazr, could I get the Jeep dealer to set my stuff to LED for free?

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I'd love to do this but I'm really apprehensive about cutting into wiring and doing my own stuff like this :( Also, not having a Tazr, could I get the Jeep dealer to set my stuff to LED for free?
I just used posi-taps to tap in to the hot and ground wires on the front fender turn signals, so no cutting at all. It was really easy honestly.

And honestly, I highly doubt they'd do that, unless you have some personal contacts over there.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, as a noob (literally just watched a vid on the posi tap), what gauge would be needed for this? I have a Sport S with Max Tow and I'm wondering if this would require the flash to set to LED or not. I'm doing my headlights and DRLs as LEDs as well...

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So, as a noob (literally just watched a vid on the posi tap), what gauge would be needed for this? I have a Sport S with Max Tow and I'm wondering if this would require the flash to set to LED or not. I'm doing my headlights and DRLs as LEDs as well...
Posi-taps are super easy to use. They're great for easily testing or tapping in to small gauge wire.

I believe I used three feet of 16 gauge wire. I didn't do an actual writeup for it on my build thread. I just matched whatever wire came on the light. The draw is so minimal that you could pretty much use whatever you want, but again I'd stick with the preinstalled wire gauge at a minimum.

I'm honestly not sure. If your current turn signals are halogen, you *may* be ok tapping in to them with LEDs. Worst case, you would need to install a resistor. If you plan on switching everything to LED, you may as well just do that and set the computer to LED if you're able to.

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I'm honestly not sure. If your current turn signals are halogen, you *may* be ok tapping in to them with LEDs. Worst case, you would need to install a resistor. If you plan on switching everything to LED, you may as well just do that and set the computer to LED if you're able to.
In a circuit with a halogen bulb no resistor is needed when adding an LED. The halogen bulb provides the proper resistance.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In a circuit with a halogen bulb no resistor is needed when adding an LED. The halogen bulb provides the proper resistance.
Cool, thanks man. I plan on keeping my turn signals halogen just because, no real need to swap those. The DRLs will be LED as well as the headlight. I may leave my fogs as halogens as well because those aren't supposed to be as intense to function properly as fogs. Debating swapping brakes to LEDs or not, same with reverse.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Cool, thanks man. I plan on keeping my turn signals halogen just because, no real need to swap those. The DRLs will be LED as well as the headlight. I may leave my fogs as halogens as well because those aren't supposed to be as intense to function properly as fogs. Debating swapping brakes to LEDs or not, same with reverse.
I changed my headlights to LED assemblies and didn't need to add resistors or reconfigure the vehicle.
Sponsored