Sponsored

Want to get into Overlanding, need help with bed rack!

Detroit_Willys

First Name
Laith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Hi All!

I recently picked up a Gladiator Willys and want to get into some overlanding with some friends this year.

I have a GoFastCampers Superlite on order currently and was thinking about picking up the Rebel Off-road XPLOR full height rack. Does anyone know if I’ll need tent risers to mount the tent to the rack? Is anyone else running a similar setup with a different wedge shaped tent?
Sponsored

MOJAVE JOE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I contacted them to ask the same question. I was told the rack is exactly the same height as the cab so if you wanted your tent to hang over the cab and not off the back you would need spacers.

OP
OP

Detroit_Willys

First Name
Laith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I contacted them to ask the same question. I was told the rack is exactly the same height as the cab so if you wanted your tent to hang over the cab and not off the back you would need spacers.
I got in contact with them on Instagram and was told “No you won’t. Our rack is slightly higher than the bow of the top of the Gladiator. It’s slightly higher in the center than the sides.” So it looks like I’ll be buying spacers or risers just in case

MOJAVE JOE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I always thought in the pictures it looked higher. But according to the email I have it's the same.🤷‍♂️
Sponsored