Roof top rack to carry roof top tent

RPope

First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I'm looking for a rooftop rack that is strong enough to carry a roof-top tent. I know that baja racks used to make a rack that wood swivel so you could take the freedom panels and top off. Do you know if there is a solution for the Gladiator? I'd like to have my tent over the cab instead of the bed so I can still load large cargo in the bed.
Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
do you mean like the leitner active cargo system or the rci or the rld designs canopy?

OP
OP
RPope

RPope

First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
do you mean like the leitner active cargo system or the rci or the rld designs canopy?
Sorry for the late reply...I didn't get a notification. I want to use the Leitner system in conjunction with a over the cab roof top tent. I think using the Leitner system for a roof too tent defeats the purpose if the system. . .you can easily move the cross bars and load large items in the bed. I don't want to lose that capability with a semi permanent roof top tent installation.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Sorry for the late reply...I didn't get a notification. I want to use the Leitner system in conjunction with a over the cab roof top tent. I think using the Leitner system for a roof too tent defeats the purpose if the system. . .you can easily move the cross bars and load large items in the bed. I don't want to lose that capability with a semi permanent roof top tent installation.
. Yep, exactly. that would be a waste of an awesome move-able rack system. I guess I'm giving up on the RTT and just going to get a camper. There is no way around it except for that weird system where you put a RTT on a hitch.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
I'm looking for a rooftop rack that is strong enough to carry a roof-top tent. I know that baja racks used to make a rack that wood swivel so you could take the freedom panels and top off. Do you know if there is a solution for the Gladiator? I'd like to have my tent over the cab instead of the bed so I can still load large cargo in the bed.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/thule-tracrac-with-trail-rails-working-setup.18604/

800lb capacity and above roof. Yakima make similar.

Sponsored

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘00 LR Disco II, ‘17 Toyota Sienna
The XOverland guys have a rack on their roof. It’s a prototype for now I think. It uses the gutters so I’m not sure it’ll hold a RTT. You would need something like the Gobi exo cage to be able to remove your panels.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I think the OP is looking for this: https://www.gobiracks.com/product/jeep-gladiator-stealth-rack·-multi-light-setup/
Strong rack that will support an RTT, but that swivels back to enable removal of the Freedom Panels. Looks like it does not require drilling any holes through the roof like the Front Runner: https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/jeep-gladiator-jt-2019-curr-extreme-rr-kit.html

I've been searching too and started this thread (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-front-runner-anyone-have-it-installed.39439/) - didn't realize @RPope beat me too it! 😁
Sponsored