Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered some but they won't be here for some time. Once I try them out will post up how they work. With any luck just won't get a lot of rain anytime soon.
Send any rain our direction - that 3" was no drought buster - and that was weeks ago now.
Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
there is one tree near my house that is over 30m (100f) tall
The one in my front yard is taller than that. I give it a dirty look when the wind picks up and so far it has been behaving.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Send any rain our direction - that 3" was no drought buster - and that was weeks ago now.
We just had about 10+ Inches in 1 day here with Hurricane Beta but that was a drop in the bucket from Hurricane Harvey which dropped 52" on us over a couple days 3 years ago. We needed some rain though cause we hadn't seen anything but burn in hell hot for months.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I read that section and frankly, I think it's a messed up area of the manual (like some of the other areas in the manual that don't really compute)
It's talking about changing the top, then has in a box warnings about not removing the panels when the roof is wet (DUH!) and so on - I'd sure not take that section literally. It's really as if someone simply started listing stuff and had no clue. It's laughable if you read the whole thing.
Like geesh, what fool is going to remove the panels?
How could lowering a window when the top is wet get water into the thing? Seriously? Rolling down a window while the top is wet will get water into the vehicle?
While the top is wet? That means you have to carry towels with you and totally dry the top before you lower a window? Get real.
That's why I take that whole section with a grain of salt - someone messed up.

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I read that section and frankly, I think it's a messed up area of the manual (like some of the other areas in the manual that don't really compute)
It's talking about changing the top, then has in a box warnings about not removing the panels when the roof is wet (DUH!) and so on - I'd sure not take that section literally. It's really as if someone simply started listing stuff and had no clue. It's laughable if you read the whole thing.
Like geesh, what fool is going to remove the panels?
How could lowering a window when the top is wet get water into the thing? Seriously? Rolling down a window while the top is wet will get water into the vehicle?
While the top is wet? That means you have to carry towels with you and totally dry the top before you lower a window? Get real.
That's why I take that whole section with a grain of salt - someone messed up.
yea I thought it was pretty comical myself, thought Iā€™d share with the group. Hey wonder who in the heck wrote that section and hope they arenā€™t an engineer, or working with one.

NJbevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜98 Durango 5.9 SLT; ā€˜06 Hemi Durango; ā€˜20 Gladiator Sport Max Tow - Smittybuilt 9600 XRC
I'm interested in those little swoop looking channels that were linked. Anyone have experience with those?
Here's how I fixed mine. Made them from a tree seedling pot in the recycle bin. Channel water down the A pillar.

20201001_165406.jpg

20201001_165415.jpg

20201001_165424.jpg

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
My bad for starting that thread. I found this one about an hour after I posted that. I would have put it here instead with all the others. I donā€™t have my Jeep yet, but I have the manual in my on-line ā€œgarage,ā€ so I was looking through it first thing in the morning while, well you donā€™t want to know what I was doing... I thought it was worth a laugh when I saw that. If it was a real manual rather than a .pdf on my iPad, I might have used that page to finish what I was doing. Hopefully the train will come in tomorrow and I will have it next week so that I can once again experience a good Jeep drenching in the Texas rain.

NACLS6

First Name
Rome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Infiniti G37S 400+HP (For Sale), 14 Subaru Impreza
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Is this water problem an issue on the standard soft tops as well? The vinyl material on the standard tops looks slicker maybe speeding up the drainage process?

Sponsored

DiabolicalDianoga

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Subaru Forester
Occupation
Admin
So had the JT out in really the first big rainstorm its been in since we have been in just hot and dry for the past months. I forgot to warn my passenger that upon opening the door forum members have said a flood would pour into the JT. Well opened the door and was quickly trying to get out when the flood came. It poured all over them. Man the cursing that went on after that about who the bleep designs a door to do that, etc, etc. I on the other hand remembered it and opened my door but didn't rush to get out I just let the water pour into the waterproof mats and moved my leg (LOL).

I have a feeling they are not going to be riding with me anymore if there is a chance of rain
Ha! My first experience with this was a rental 2019 JLU. Some what disconcerting, you'd think they'd figure something out to divert the water away at least a little. Oh well.

Reactions: BAT

Deleted member 31576

2020 JT Overland - I have assumed that this is due to the fact that the front end is about 1.5ā€ lower than the rear. I donā€™t haul a lot of heavy loads and Iā€™m considering installing the T-Flex 1.5ā€ level spring lift - - that may reduce the issue.
Didnā€™t reduce it on mine. Just the same.

Bluefalcon

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed Officer
Left windowa down 1/4 inch on rooftop at airport.... wind vents were lower... TS level wind and rain soaked interior. Touchscreen kept pushing its own buttons all the way home... 1 and a half hour drive. Dried it before I drove. Still didnt work right after I got home. Next day... interior still damp but touchscreen quit pushing its own buttons.

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
My wife got a "Jeep bath" shortly after we bought our JT. I may have snickered a little (just a little), but the effects have yet to wear off if we're in the JT when it's raining. I now have to find a parking space that's on an incline to allow the water to run off before she opens the door. So much for the "rain game" I used to play. Oh well, there are other passengers in the future :)
Sponsored