First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Ram 1500, 2012 Polaris Ranger 570
Occupation
RN, U.S. Army retired
Mines been dry for 15 + months. Plenty of down pours here in Texas, I have blasted the AC most of the time. So far my steering been good. Hope I didn't jinx myself.

IMG_20200928_183608.jpg

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I don't get the problem, I don't melt. The Jeep is designed to get wet. You are going to get wet getting out of any vehicle. We don't get enough rain to make it a big problem.
I think your exactly right- the damn Jeep engineers designed this to get us wet. I bet they sat and there and said how can we design this roof channel to soak people and have them write it off as “it’s another Jeep thing”.

I’m glad you were able to come to that conclusion!

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Questions -
don't you get wet getting into the truck when it's raining?
Do you not get wet when you get out of the truck?
No. In my car I open the door and pop out my umbrella. In the Jeep, in a matter of 2 seconds I get a half gallon On my crotch before I can even get the umbrella open!!

Reactions: BAT

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Questions -
don't you get wet getting into the truck when it's raining?
Do you not get wet when you get out of the truck?

1) not when I’m leaving my house because I have a garage. When I’m leaving somewhere without shelter, in the Jeep I get wet even when I have the umbrella. In my car I don’t.

2) I have a garage, and this stupid design manages to get me wet despite the fact I’m indoors... figure that.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
1) not when I’m leaving my house because I have a garage. When I’m leaving somewhere without shelter, in the Jeep I get wet even when I have the umbrella. In my car I don’t.

2) I have a garage, and this stupid design manages to get me wet despite the fact I’m indoors... figure that.
Mine is all dripped off by the time I get into the garage and get out - the drip rails empty fast enough there's NO dripping on the sill area once inside. It only drips in an active rain.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is all dripped off by the time I get into the garage and get out - the drip rails empty fast enough there's NO dripping on the sill area once inside. It only drips in an active rain.
Ill take a video next time it’s pouring out, you won’t understand it until you see it.

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
I'm interested in those little swoop looking channels that were linked. Anyone have experience with those?

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
2020 JT Overland - I have assumed that this is due to the fact that the front end is about 1.5” lower than the rear. I don’t haul a lot of heavy loads and I’m considering installing the T-Flex 1.5” level spring lift - - that may reduce the issue.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland - I have assumed that this is due to the fact that the front end is about 1.5” lower than the rear. I don’t haul a lot of heavy loads and I’m considering installing the T-Flex 1.5” level spring lift - - that may reduce the issue.
mine is leveled and it didn’t help much

Sponsored

Bodie

First Name
Dina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT Sport 2020
Occupation
Millworker
So had the JT out in really the first big rainstorm its been in since we have been in just hot and dry for the past months. I forgot to warn my passenger that upon opening the door forum members have said a flood would pour into the JT. Well opened the door and was quickly trying to get out when the flood came. It poured all over them. Man the cursing that went on after that about who the bleep designs a door to do that, etc, etc. I on the other hand remembered it and opened my door but didn't rush to get out I just let the water pour into the waterproof mats and moved my leg (LOL).

I have a feeling they are not going to be riding with me anymore if there is a chance of rain
I bought some clear silicon and put a couple beads in the top where the rain leaks in. It dams it up and seems to help. Its worth a try and you can always remove it if it doesn't work.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
No. In my car I open the door and pop out my umbrella. In the Jeep, in a matter of 2 seconds I get a half gallon On my crotch before I can even get the umbrella open!!
Haha that is like mine. Man as soon as you crack the door its like someone turned the faucet on and it shoots straight into the cab. I ordered some of those little adaptors someone posted from Amazon and will give them a try but its gonna be about 3 weeks before they get here. In the meantime I have put a little silicone up there to try to back it up somewhat so it doesn't just pour into the cab

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I'm interested in those little swoop looking channels that were linked. Anyone have experience with those?
I ordered some but they won't be here for some time. Once I try them out will post up how they work. With any luck just won't get a lot of rain anytime soon.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It must be a non-hard top issue as it doesn't come into the cab, it drops onto the sill of mine.
Actually a dab of solicone would not even have to block the end, just shape it to redirect away from the cab as water will follow the surface.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I bought some clear silicon and put a couple beads in the top where the rain leaks in. It dams it up and seems to help. Its worth a try and you can always remove it if it doesn't work.
Sponsored