Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
We are an American family of 3 driving around the world in a Jeep Gladiator we call DAUNTLESS.

(Original post title and this post edited to reflect our current journey)

We have been traveling full-time (owning no home or property) since February 2014, and our son Caspian joined the mix in December 2016. He's been a full-time traveler since birth.

This is my first post in the Jeep Gladiator forums, though I've been reading a ton of posts here for what feels like years.

On May 31, 2021 we picked up our stock Jeep Gladiator Sport S (with Max Tow) and on July 21, 2021 45 days later the rig was "finished" and I put that in quotes because you know what I mean.

On October 9, 2021 we started our global overland journey. I will update this thread with videos from our journey and I'm available to answer questions. I check this thread regularly.

Meet our Gladiator DAUNTLESS:

Jeep-Gladiator-Overland-Build-Suspension.png

We did an entire build series on YouTube if anyone is really that interested. You can find the build series here.

The general plan is Mexico, Central America, South America, Africa, Europe, Asia, and finally Australia. We anticipate the journey will take 10-15 years.

Here is the first video in our global journey. It was from the day we crossed into Mexico and subsequent travel days:

Crossing The Border Into Mexico

If you'd like to get to know us, you can find us on all the socials at HourlessLife.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and hope to get to know some folks here.

Eric + Brittany + Caspian Highland
Hourless Life
That's really cool. I see ya got KO2s. Great option for what you plan on doing. small side note. I know these gladiators can fit some mad tire sizes. I recommend staying at 35s or even better 34s (which is what you got as far as i can tell) Because worldwide u want access to a tire that is avaible should you need new ones. plus a lot of countries don't allow tires larger than 35s. 34" or metric equivlent K02s are pretty common in other countries.
Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Watched a few of your videos tonight and subscribed. Driving in the mountains of Peru looks fun. 👍🏻

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow Pkg
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
That's really cool. I see ya got KO2s. Great option for what you plan on doing. small side note. I know these gladiators can fit some mad tire sizes. I recommend staying at 35s or even better 34s (which is what you got as far as i can tell) Because worldwide u want access to a tire that is avaible should you need new ones. plus a lot of countries don't allow tires larger than 35s. 34" or metric equivlent K02s are pretty common in other countries.
Good eye! We're running the BFG KO2 34 10.50 essentially a 33.5" tire. Can't believe you nailed the size from the video. But yes, I am in complete agreement regarding availability and legality. This is why we ran with these. I like 35's more in general, but for what we are doing I believe too that this was the right call. ~ Eric

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
Watched a few of your videos tonight and subscribed. Driving in the mountains of Peru looks fun. 👍🏻
Hey Bobby. Glad you enjoyed what you saw and are getting to know us. I'm a fairly active member here on the forum, so if you ever have any questions, let me know. Happy to be a resource. God knows I've used this forum to help me. Y'all are amazing with your JT knowledge here. Super thankful for this resource. ~ Eric

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase

Why we went home from our global overlanding journey.

This video represents 3 months of our lives. In it we give quite a bit of reflection on our thoughts having returned home to the United States.

As always, hit us with any questions. Happy to be a resource. ~ Eric

#hourlesslife #overlanding

Sponsored

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase

Trying to escape our LOCKDOWN in Peru.

These are the types of videos that you'll rarely see content creators produce because they aren't all instagrammy. But this video deals with the realities and challenges of overlanding full-time internationally.

We were locked down by the Peruvian government and uanble to drive our Jeep Gladiator on their streets until they lifted the suspension. This is how we dealt with that issue along with other challenges as we continue our overlanding journal around the world.

As always, here for any questions. Don't be shy to ask. We hope to be a resource for anyone considering this type of journey. ~ Eric

#hourlesslife #overlanding #peru #southamerica

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase

Want to see what full-time international overlanding is really like? Check this out.

We fly over the world famous Nazca Lines of Peru.

Brittany and Caspian hike a massive sand dune overlooking an incredible desert oasis.

We visit ancient aqueducts that were built around 500AD and are still in use today.

And we share a stunning drive on the southern Peruvian coast in this video.

This section of our drive around the world was pretty spectacular. Hope you enjoy. Here for the questions if you've got 'em. ~ Eric

#hourlesslife #overlanding #southamerica #peru #nazcalines

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase

We are continuing our drive around the world in our Jeep Gladiator.

Next Sunday if all goes well we will be visiting Machu Picchu. So we decided to post the next video in our overlanding adventure around the world today.

In this video we visit Arequipa, Peru considered by many to be the jewel of the country. Here we'll take you into the magnificent cathedral and into the world famous monastery of Santa Catalina which was founded in 1580 and is STILL in use today! It is something spectacular. I spent hours in this place that covers 6 square city blocks.

We also take our Jeep "DAUNTLESS" to the highest elevation we've ever been in a vehicle and the views are simply dramatic.

So grab your favorite beverate and hop in with us as we continue the drive around the world.

Here for any questions y'all may have. ~ Eric

Sponsored

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase

We are continuing our overlanding journey around the world in our Jeep Gladiator. Can you believe we drove from the USA to the cradle of the Incan Empire in Cusco, Peru? Sometimes it still hits us that we're all the way down here.

In this video we'll take you all over Cusco and show you some of the incredible ruins that are located here and so much more.

So grab your favorite beverage and hop in with us as we continue this global journey.

As always, feel free to hit us with any questions about overlanding, international overlanding, full-time overlanding, overlanding with kids, or whatever. We're happy to be a resource.

Eric

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase

I still can't believe we made it to Machu Picchu, one of the 7 Wonders of the World!

We straight up drove our Jeep Gladiator to the doorstep of these amazing Incan ruins in Peru.

In this video we take you on a first person POV journey with us, so grab your favorite beverage and check it out with us.

This was pretty incredible, and one of the highlights of our global overlanding journey so far. Let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to field them.

#overlanding #southamerica #peru #jeepgladiator #hourlesslife #machupicchu

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Would love to go to that place. So many different theories on that place because of the stone walls.

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
Would love to go to that place. So many different theories on that place because of the stone walls.
Agreed Russ, but based on what I've seen with my own two eyes and the many museums and books we've looked at, I think that it was in fact the Inca that did this work. Just my .02. Regardless it is fascinating, and really special to see in person. Glad you enjoyed the video. ~ E
Sponsored