MadMan81

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I also saw the thread on the WatherTech hard trifold cover, and it has my attention. But my buddy is suggesting I look at the UnderCover Ultra Flex cover on RealTruck instead (+$200). Something about the WT cover being alloy and the UC being aluminum, that the WT will dent much easier. While the UC allows for full folding bed access, it looks like the WT is super easy to remove and it wont block your rear view mirror.

I'm conflicted. Anyone have any feedback or suggestions?
Sponsored

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I am also conflicted as I was looking at a soft tri-fold due to price and how easy it would be to remove until I saw the weathertech last night. I personally think the weathertech looks nicer but we are stuck looking at pictures at the moment. I am more interested in something I can remove easily as opposed to flipping up and covering the rear window. For the price of the realtruck I think I would just go for the actual jeep hard cover but I am sitting here thinking my overtime last week would cover the cost of the weathertech but not sure if I should just drive up there to pick it up as opposed to paying for shipping. All in all I just need something to keep dirt, leaves, snow, etc out of the bed and if it stays dry I can keep my tools back there as opposed to being in the back seat.

So much like you there is conflict of hard vs soft and overall cost as I am seeing people using the 5 foot soft folding covers for tacomas that fit fairly well and are about $200.

Decisions decisions. I just hate the idea of buying something based on a picture.

Moose95

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Overland; 2018 Colorado Z71
I don't know about the Undercover tonneau, but the Weathertech cover is made by Lomax, and I bought one for my Colorado and LOVE it. Right now it looks like both the WT and Lomax sites have them for about the same price, but Lomax is offering free shipping, so that's a big savings. Again, I can only speak to the Colorado installation, but the cover came with front and side rails that attach to the bed, and the cover itself is relatively thin, but very strong. It is weathertight, and after 2 winters in northern Virginia the seals are still soft and water tight. Even though it is three pieces, you cannot just fold one section back - the first two sections fold back and there is kind of a bungie-like hook to secure it to the third piece, so it is 2/3 open. Disconnecting 2 carabiner safeties lets you remove the whole thing, and it's easy to lift off and carry. The method of opening it requires you to open the tailgate and pull on an elastic cord underneath, so if you lock the tailgate it secures the cover as well. It is super easy to use, and I love the low profile. It looks great. I am hoping to buy a Gladiator in the next few months, and will buy the Lomax again (plus Weathertech floorliners).

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I don't know about the Undercover tonneau, but the Weathertech cover is made by Lomax, and I bought one for my Colorado and LOVE it. Right now it looks like both the WT and Lomax sites have them for about the same price, but Lomax is offering free shipping, so that's a big savings. Again, I can only speak to the Colorado installation, but the cover came with front and side rails that attach to the bed, and the cover itself is relatively thin, but very strong. It is weathertight, and after 2 winters in northern Virginia the seals are still soft and water tight. Even though it is three pieces, you cannot just fold one section back - the first two sections fold back and there is kind of a bungie-like hook to secure it to the third piece, so it is 2/3 open. Disconnecting 2 carabiner safeties lets you remove the whole thing, and it's easy to lift off and carry. The method of opening it requires you to open the tailgate and pull on an elastic cord underneath, so if you lock the tailgate it secures the cover as well. It is super easy to use, and I love the low profile. It looks great. I am hoping to buy a Gladiator in the next few months, and will buy the Lomax again (plus Weathertech floorliners).
Thanks for the heads up on the Lomax! Free shipping may have made my decision but I will sleep on it since I was originally set on the extang soft folding due to price but I always knew I preferred the idea of a hard folding cover but was being cheap after dropping 50k on Spartacus.

Sponsored

Moose95

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Overland; 2018 Colorado Z71
Need pics, videos, or links
Not sure what pics you are looking for, but here is the link to the Lomax website. The pictures and videos on the home page are way better than I can take of my Colorado, and show all the things I was trying to describe. It has held up for almost two years looking as good as new with no leaks, so I am impressed with the quality. It took a while to get the mounting rails just right, but it would have been faster if I had someone to hold the other end while I tightened the screws. Not drilling required on the Colorado. Maybe someone out there has one installed on a Gladiator and can chime in.

https://www.agricover.com/lomax/

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Need pics, videos, or links
Here is the lomax and it has pictures and videos
https://realtruck.com/p/lomax-tonne...MIx6ee9aWQ5AIVgp6fCh2muw1iEAAYASAAEgL6HvD_BwE

here is the weathertech
https://www.weathertech.com/jeep/2020/gladiator/alloycover/gladiator-trail-rail-jt/no/

I just bit the bullet and ordered the cover so once it shows up I will post some pictures. I ordered from agricover.com as I saw some bad reviews regarding realtruck.com when I was about to place the order but if there are any issue with delivery I will cancel and just drive to the weathertech shop in Bolingbrook to get the weathertech version (I just don't feel like an hour drive or paying IL taxes)

Last edited:
OP
OP
MadMan81

MadMan81

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I hyperlinked the mfg websites in original post.

good info on the Lomax = WeatherTech. WT is not far from me, as I live in in IL, so it’s easy for me to go pick up.

and yes I’m partial to WT because of their products and name, but I didn’t know they even made tonneau covers! So not sure.

damn adult decisions!

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I hyperlinked the mfg websites in original post.

good info on the Lomax = WeatherTech. WT is not far from me, as I live in in IL, so it’s easy for me to go pick up.

and yes I’m partial to WT because of their products and name, but I didn’t know they even made tonneau covers! So not sure.

damn adult decisions!
I hear ya! I am about 35 miles out of Chicago so I could drive up there no problem but we will see when this thing gets delivered and with my luck I will get irritated now that I decided to spend the money that I don't have it this weekend. The main reason I didn't go WT is that they don't appear to be manufacturing the cover but rather reselling the Lomax with their name plate on it.

Now I just have to try out my homemade lift to pull the hardtop off. Maybe tonight if I get ambitious but I just finished washing it so my ambition quota may have been reached for the night.

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
The Lomax arrived today. It took about 20 minutes to put the rails and everything on. The instructions were fairly clear but doing it by myself made me really wonder where my spring clamps are hiding but if you had a person helping it would be 10-15 minutes total after figuring how the rail is supposed to lay (It would have helped if they put a couple arrows and L or R on the rails but not the end of the world)
IMG_20190828_173641008.jpg
IMG_20190828_173656451.jpg
IMG_20190828_173902958.jpg
InkedIMG_20190828_173711411_LI.jpg

OP
OP
MadMan81

MadMan81

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
came out nice dude. I need to take a drive over to WT and check it out before i decide. Still torn between which one i want.
Sponsored