First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
This thread hits near and dear to me since we are mid trip to the Jeep Jamboree in Silver Valley (Idaho).

We just completed leg 1 from Henderson, NV to Priest Lake, ID., 1,147 miles (16.5 hours) and my Avg MPG is 19.5.

Stock JT Rubicon, freeway speeds varied from 65 to 70 to 80 and I typically go 5 over. I’d guess 4 people and luggage/gear to be about 625ish pounds. ODO is now at 4,511.
This was a while ago.

Now with 2“ lift, 35’s and bed rack (130ish lbs) I think my best score is now 15.1. I’m currently playing with always using adaptive cruise to see if it’s worth the effort.

The thought had crossed my mind to pick up a throttle controller but only to retard (I believe this is an unoffensive use of the word - if offense was taken you might be looking to hard at things to be offended by) the throttle and trick my heavy foot. I guess I could potentially save $200 in gas driving around lIke my JT is broken but what is the fun in that?
Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I took a trip to the Adirondacks over the 4th of July weekend. It was the first real road trip I did in the gladiator. I have a stock Overland and the trip was around 5-6 hours.

On the way back to WNY, my average MPG had crept up so high I wanted to see how high I could get it. So I started really babying the throttle and coasting down all those nice hills

My best average MPG score so far has been 27MPG!! I only hit it for a minute before a red light broke my coasting streak. But I was very impressed.

Other info:
- 10k miles on truck
- 2 adult passengers (myself included) probably weighing about 350lbs total.
- probably 50-100 lbs of luggage
- AC was set to auto and it was on the entire time
- stock gladiator overland with the highway tires and auto transmission.

And no, I didn’t reset the average MPG at all to snap this pic. Probably haven’t reset it in over 3,000 miles.

What’s YOUR best average MPG? Anyone get it to max out at 30+?

A7A6E032-F13A-4572-826E-FC553AE450B9.jpeg
I've never seen a range that high before, that's insane, most I've ever seen on a full tank has been 400mi