Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Punk'n on order, 1965 Pontiac 2+2
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the SSC can make some alarming noises, but that means it is working. Don't let that put you off. I spent many hours last week wheeling and I specifically wanted to practice with SSC. It is brilliant, once I figued out how to use it.

For example, I was stuck on a slick, muddy hill and sliding backwards when I engaged both lockers, and turned on SSC to .6 MPH. After a couple of slow rotations of the drive train, it gradually just pulled me up the hill. No spinning or sliding just slow steady progress.

I use it now anytime I am wheeling at 5 mph or lower. Just ignore the noises and use it.
Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Latest full owners manual has 596 pages. Here is info on SSC (searched selec - speed control in the manual) ...

Image1.jpg

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Can't find the switch to the right of the AC control listed in the owner manual. What function?

IMG_20190911_152825601.jpg

I have been through the PDF/online owners manual - i believe this is the latest version but I can't verify it:
https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core...us/Jeep/2020/Gladiator/20_JT_OM_EN_USC_V2.pdf

And nowhere in the manual do I see that button shown.

Furthermore, in regard to SSC, it says "push the switch" to engage it (but again, I cannot find anywhere in the manual showing the button's location).

For reference: Here are the screen caps of the SSC relevant pages...

SSC pg 204.png

SSC pg 205.png

SSC pg 206.png

max toe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito, 1998 audi
hill descent or low speed crawl?

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
First time I saw it I thought it was a duck. I tried it off road and couldn't get the hang of it

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
(but again, I cannot find anywhere in the manual showing the button's location).
FCA really needs to do a better job on the Owners Manual. Whomever approved this didn’t really read it before signing off on it.
Sponsored