What is this switch?

OP
OP

Barnbnb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Mine only came with booklet overview manual in print. The full manual is an app on the 8.4 Uconnect screen. The pdf on my iPad saved to iBooks is updated and easier to read in my living room.......
How many pages is your paper book?
There are296 pages in the supplied owner manual, plus a separate "Quick Start" manual. A link was provided above, but page 204 does not address the function of the switch.
If someone has a link to the function of the mystery switch, I'd really appreciate it!
Sponsored

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
There are296 pages in the supplied owner manual, plus a separate "Quick Start" manual. A link was provided above, but page 204 does not address the function of the switch.
If someone has a link to the function of the mystery switch, I'd really appreciate it!
The full manual is 790 pages. Pages 204-206 covers your button.

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
The full manual is 790 pages. Pages 204-206 covers your button.
Hmm. Somewhere there is an updated version of that download..... for the version I linked your info is page 195 not 204

Bremen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Sting Gray, 2017 VW Golf Alltrack
Check out the YouTube video on the SSC.

upload_2019-9-17_15-39-36.png

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
So my special order built to specs one week old vehicle evidently came with an old manual. But what the hell, I didn't even get a pigtail for the trailer brake plug in (which had always came with other trucks that I have ordered), so I guess they are just cutting costs and maybe customer service in the process.
What came with the Jeep is not the manual. Read the title carefully and you will see what I noticed. You can only get the full manual on line I as a PDF, I think, you may be able to order one.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Can't find the switch to the right of the AC control listed in the owner manual. What function?

IMG_20190911_152825601.jpg
Those are waves. Press the button and your JT floats on water and takes on the waves.

Please post a video of the first voyage.

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
My wife asked me "what does the rubber ducky button do?"

Sponsored

SledHead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black LE
Has anyone used the Selec Speed Control (SSC) and had it make a weird noise?
I tried mine out this weekend and it sounded almost like my front drivers side tire was rubbing on something. It only happened when using the SSC.

ralphtt

First Name
Ralph T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,
Occupation
Retired
  1. Yep . . . had that experience just a few minutes ago for the first time. Not really that loud but never heard it before. And I use SSC regularly in the hilly field behind my house. Puzzling . . . hope it does not continue!

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Has anyone used the Selec Speed Control (SSC) and had it make a weird noise?
I tried mine out this weekend and it sounded almost like my front drivers side tire was rubbing on something. It only happened when using the SSC.
That's the brakes pulsing, it works the brakes individually at each wheel to maintain the set speed and traction (ie if a wheel slips, it brakes that wheel to route power to the others).

I had issue with mine when I removed the doors, it would not engage which I thought when the doors were unplugged would override any of those protections. May take it up with the dealer, but I'm curious if anyone else has tried it with the doors removed.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
So can anyone post a pic of the section of the manual dealing with the function of the switch, since evidently it was not in the manual that came with the vehicle?
The manual that comes with the Gladiator is not "the" manual, you have to order or download it. You can access it through your u-connect.
Sponsored