Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
6-7 models of 2 door Broncos and all are 4 CYL? I hope thems some light ponies?
Sponsored

Attachments

GrubbyBaja

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 6-speed
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
My wife's Edge ST has the 2.7 Ecoboost. It's impressive in that vehicle. Twin turbo V6, 335hp, 380 ft-lb. The Bronco and the Edge ST have completely different driving profiles and expected uses, so not sure what kind of experience to expect in the Bronco.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I reserved one. The deposit is refundable. If I go that route, Ill get the 2.7. The 2.7 is a very good engine, 310 HP and 400 ft torque. I've driven numerous F150s with that motor and had no issues. I have the small ecoboost 2.0 in my work car (2017 Fusion) and just hit 100k miles with 0 issues. With that said, I'm going to test drive and not order the Glad ecodiesel and give it a shot first.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Man the standard package starts with LED Lights. Lots of options. I would bet my brother in law goes with the Bronco over the JT. He thought my JT was cool but was waiting to see what they Bronco offered since he really didn't need a bed for hauling stuff.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
If they offered a truck version I’d probably jump ship for one with the 2.7l Ecoboost. I love my Gladiator, after I did a lot of shit to actually make it drive good and look good. However, if I can get something out of the box that looks good stock, probably drives better and still has respectable offroad ability, and a way better engine, with no money, time, or effort for a competitive price then it’s a no brainer. Just sayin, can’t really refute that logic though...

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
F’ turbos!

that’s my opinion... and if you disagree fine. I’ve had two turbo vehicles and I will never ever go back.... and one was a Ford... left me stranded in the middle of nowhere where there was no cell service. I will never ever again purchase a turbocharged vehicle.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F’ turbos!

that’s my opinion... and if you disagree fine. I’ve had two turbo vehicles and I will never ever go back.... and one was a Ford... left me stranded in the middle of nowhere where there was no cell service. I will never ever again purchase a turbocharged vehicle.
Haha well I won't ever buy another Ford regardless. Had two of them Ranger and Focus both were complete crap and nothing but Transmission problems which Ford refused to fix. Will never purchase another Ford

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
My last Jeep was a complete lemon. 2008 JKU Rubicon 6 speed manual that I bought new and ended up being a buy back. I swore off Jeeps for a while, but gave them another chance. Swearing off a brand completely isn’t always the best decision. My JT shares nothing with my old JKU just like the bronco probably doesn’t share a thing with your previous Fords.

Last edited:

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My last Jeep was a complete lemon. 2008 JKU Rubicon 6 speed manual that I bought new and ended up being a buy back. I swore off Jeeps for a while, but gave them another chance. Swearing off a brand completely isn’t always the best decision. My JR shares nothing with my old JKU just like the bronco probably doesn’t share a how it’s your previous Fords.
I gave them another chance when I bought the Focus. That was perhaps the biggest lemon I have ever owned. I got in with the lawsuit against Ford on it. That transmission left us on the side of the road 3 times and all ford could do was say there isn't anything wrong with it.

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
My last Jeep was a complete lemon. 2008 JKU Rubicon 6 speed manual that I bought new and ended up being a buy back. I swore off Jeeps for a while, but gave them another chance. Swearing off a brand completely isn’t always the best decision. My JR shares nothing with my old JKU just like the bronco probably doesn’t share a how it’s your previous Fords.
I respect your opinion but have to ask... “if you were driving, hit the gas to pass a semi on the left and the vehicle all of the sudden goes into limp mode with traffic coming at you on a two lane road while next to the middle of said semi on your right now, beside craping your pants, and you then have to slam on your brakes to get back into your lane with no power steering to get you to the side of the road while in the dead of winter with snow on the sides of the road, and you couldn’t restart your vehicle for an hour while clogging up your side of the two lane road” would you buy another ford product when there was no fault codes and the mechanics went and said... “it’s a ford” and shrugged their shoulders???

ps... that type of crap went on for seven times. That’s when I found Jeep and haven’t looked back.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I've had several Fords and were generally happy with them.........except for trade or sale time. None of them held any value. Terrible.

Pkoz

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I respect your opinion but have to ask... “if you were driving, hit the gas to pass a semi on the left and the vehicle all of the sudden goes into limp mode with traffic coming at you on a two lane road while next to the middle of said semi on your right now, beside craping your pants, and you then have to slam on your brakes to get back into your lane with no power steering to get you to the side of the road while in the dead of winter with snow on the sides of the road, and you couldn’t restart your vehicle for an hour while clogging up your side of the two lane road” would you buy another ford product when there was no fault codes and the mechanics went and said... “it’s a ford” and shrugged their shoulders???

ps... that type of crap went on for seven times. That’s when I found Jeep and haven’t looked back.
Just left my 2015 Ford F150 (which I liked very much even at 125000) but I had the same thing happen and it was a known throttle body issue. Still no recall on it.

Once you experience that a couple times, it's hard to trust a vehicle. I understand exactly what you are saying, and it definitely sours you to a product.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Man the standard package starts with LED Lights. Lots of options. I would bet my brother in law goes with the Bronco over the JT. He thought my JT was cool but was waiting to see what they Bronco offered since he really didn't need a bed for hauling stuff.
I’ll be down at San Louis pass fishing next week. If you want to do some easy beach driving while you are in Galveston there are sand trails at San Louis pass to break your new rig in. I’ll attach a pic in case you aren’t familiar with the area. It’s on the Galveston side before the bridge

Jeep Gladiator What say You??  2.3 and 2.7 4cyl ecoboost 9891AD21-32F8-455F-9E04-D3DACECCBF3A

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll be down at San Louis pass fishing next week. If you want to do some easy beach driving while you are in Galveston there are sand trails at San Louis pass to break your new rig in. I’ll attach a pic in case you aren’t familiar with the area. It’s on the Galveston side before the bridge

Jeep Gladiator What say You??  2.3 and 2.7 4cyl ecoboost 9891AD21-32F8-455F-9E04-D3DACECCBF3A
Cool I'll see. Not sure if going to be down or not. I am familiar with San Luis Pass just never driven on it much in the past. Family has a place on Tiki Island so I am down that way often.
Sponsored