Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiators Willys Sport
Occupation
Self Employed Contractor
Hello All,
I got a really good deal on this DV8 stubby bumper. It came off of a Wrangler that had an unfortunate engine fire. I had to scrape a lot of melted plastic off of it. The finish on most of the bumpers I looked at didn’t appear to be very durable anyway.
I took the bumper to my local powder coat shop and had them strip it and give it a new finish. I’m sure this finish is going to be more durable than the original finish would have been even if it hadn’t been cooked.
The question is what lights would y’all use. LED bar, round large, round small etc.
There are so many choices out there so I thought I would ask for opinions.
It‘s a good reason to share some pics of your ride so show me what you got.
Thanks
SB
Jeep Gladiator What would you do? What lights to run? IMG_4290
Jeep Gladiator What would you do? What lights to run? IMG_4291
Jeep Gladiator What would you do? What lights to run? IMG_4292
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Gladiator What would you do? What lights to run? IMG_0207
I’m partial to Baja Designs stuff. You can also get some fogs that match. I want to add a couple of the LP6’s to my bumper - but it’s about $1,000 for a set and I want to fortify the front end as I plan to do more Jeep things this year.

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
Looks like you have the halogen headlights and fog lights, which can be good for snow. I'm keeping my halogen headlights that reason.

I did upgrade the Squadron SAE fogs to Baja Designs, yellow, and they melt mild snow at least. With the original halogen fogs I added an amber film and that was great. The BD fogs are brighter and wider but the halogens are sufficient as up-close fog/marker lights.

But I'd keep those head lights and add bumper lights in addition. I am considering BD S2 in driving combo pattern, linked to the high beams. A little more light boost w/o being all showy, and hopefully helpful with beam spread around wildlife. And not block the engine cooling too much. Among the least expensive options of the quality choices. Best ratings for water intrusion. Zero radio interference, which matters if you use comms.

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJR, '21 JTDR, '00 VFR800, RSV4, '11 MTS 1200
I would personally go for a smaller round light hung under the mounting bar. Something reminiscent of the classic KC Daylighter, but in LED with a warmer white or amber color.

Maybe a KC Gravity, or one of the Hella Black Magic line; Rigid makes a nice light, but almost all of then are cubes, which don't match the styling of the Jeep, my preference is a round light.
Sponsored