Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It was 70 degrees in Alabama today. Ha ha
59-60 here........... sunny for the first half, great day for walking around a local lake.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
‘There’s something about living at a lake...
Here’s part of Santa’s heard relaxing after a long night of work...

0D029D89-C8D8-4F4A-8CED-E6C4C226B87D.jpeg
Wait a minute . . . those ain't Reindeer . . . them's Grillin'-Steaks waiting to be harvested - the whitetail variety. We'd be far worse off, global warming wise, if they were Reindeer !? :) But I do like the idea of living within eyesight of Water - Flowing Water for me though . . . I think you know why . . . ;) .
Only 1 thing I got from "others" - in the form of they all chipped in cause it cost a lot -- a waterproof Large Duffle from Fishpond . The only other item, I paid for myself . . . many trips to the orthodontist to straiten out my "68 year old wondering teeth, geez ! That set me back $5700 - guess no 15hp EFI Merc. for the Drift boat . . . well, after all it IS a DRIFT boat :CWL: :( ;) . 1st visit, for the "dots" is January 17th . . . 18 months later I should be ready for my debut in Star Wars, the Re-Re-Re-Turn of LOU WaterWalker ! :LOL: :clap:

bocu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport s ,2004 wrangler x ,1999 wrangler sport ,2015 Vw cc
Rugged ridge tri fold cover , 6 ton press , ac delco 3/8 cordless ratchet and a welding table thanks hunn

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
We sort of decided that the new 4 season sunroom will be most of Barbara's present, the JT is most of mine.
Background - my wife HATES online buying. She'll look, she'll find things she wants, but she won't buy. And for things like I'd want, forget it if she can't walk into Target, Menards, Lowe's, that sort of thing, and simply pick it up and buy it.
I looked things up that I wanted, small simple thing and printed the pages showing some small items. sort of knowing it wasn't going to happen.
She has a friend who is a shop-aholic. Her friend buys almost everything online, Kohls, Amazon, you name it. I swear she shops and buys daily.
So, surprise but not totally when I unwrapped these today - already installed and used and by are they handy.
She knows I'm a classic car nut, so she added an idea of her own. She said the other stuff I printed or listed I'm on my own for. (she did say I could order them...........)
Christmas-2019.jpg
let me know how your shifter storage add ons worked... I ended up returning because the one on the right kept falling off. The one that goes over the shift of course stayed in place...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
let me know how your shifter storage add ons worked... I ended up returning because the one on the right kept falling off. The one that goes over the shift of course stayed in place...
Will see - I used alcohol (rubbing, not Vodka) to clean the bit where the accessories were to be stuck on.
I also keep 3M tape on hand for auto trim and emblems and so on - that stuff is impossible to take off once in place, and I used a little of that in addition to what they supplied.

I used that 3M tape for auto trim and emblems on my restorations. It held a couple of the emblems on my 70 Javelin for 12 years without letting loose, and it's held the trim on my SX4 since 2013 so I'm hopeful.

3M-tape.jpg

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I got:

-Mopar slush mats
-SpiderWebShade
-Cub holder coasters
-FOB holster

Now i just need Jeep to finish building the JT =P

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I'm still paying on our rebuilt house after the Harvey Flood and probably will be for a long time. No insurance so everything had to come out of our pocket. Damn near wiped us out but and put us back a long way and have to basically repay for my house again after it was paid off. But I still got a roof over my head and we did get the new kitchen remodel we were always talking about.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
9', 10 weight one piece Musky fly rod built by Chippewa River Custom Rod Co. built by Thomas Schenk. The best Muskie fly rod available IMHO.
CRCR 10W.jpg
ONE Piece ? Gonna be a challenge keeping it that way . Best of luck with it though . . . and . . . very curious as to what Make, Model and Specs of the reel going with it ? Seems a 10 weight is a bit "overkill," even for the Mighty Musky !?
Never fished for them, but Northerns can be just as Feisty & Big . I've hassled with only a few, with a Sage 9ft 8wt RPLXi saltwater fly rod back then . . . rod did it's job without issue . I can't remember how many pieces . . . that "bothers me" that I don't recall, bummer . I paired it with the Billy Pate Tarpon saltwater cork drag . I also, at the time, had the 6wt & 10wt versions . I used the 10wt and same Tarpon reel during Navy Drug Ops Cruises to the Pacific (via the Panama Canal as we were ported at Norfolk, VA.) Caught blackfin tuna & Mahi Mahi from the Fantail when not "working" !

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
ONE Piece ? Gonna be a challenge keeping it that way . Best of luck with it though . . . and . . . very curious as to what Make, Model and Specs of the reel going with it ? Seems a 10 weight is a bit "overkill," even for the Mighty Musky !?
Never fished for them, but Northerns can be just as Feisty & Big . I've hassled with only a few, with a Sage 9ft 8wt RPLXi saltwater fly rod back then . . . rod did it's job without issue . I can't remember how many pieces . . . that "bothers me" that I don't recall, bummer . I paired it with the Billy Pate Tarpon saltwater cork drag . I also, at the time, had the 6wt & 10wt versions . I used the 10wt and same Tarpon reel during Navy Drug Ops Cruises to the Pacific (via the Panama Canal as we were ported at Norfolk, VA.) Caught blackfin tuna & Mahi Mahi from the Fantail when not "working" !
These rods feel more like an 8 or 9 weight 4 pc.
IMG_3801 copy.jpg
IMG_3802 copy.jpg
I like the Lamsom Guru series II 3.5 for a reel. These rods when paired with lines in 375 gr to 450 gr that are heavily forward weighted like SA's Sonar sink 30 Clear intermediate sink tip at 450 gr's really have the ability to punch these big Musky flies out there. Tom Schenk worked with Wi musky guide Brad Bohen to create this rod. I first tried one while fishing with WI guide Steve Wisner, Steve couldn't get it back out of my hands that day. Tom has been selling them as fast as he can make them and sending them all over the country.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
These rods feel more like an 8 or 9 weight 4 pc.
IMG_3801 copy.jpg
IMG_3802 copy.jpg
I like the Lamsom Guru series II 3.5 for a reel. These rods when paired with lines in 375 gr to 450 gr that are heavily forward weighted like SA's Sonar sink 30 Clear intermediate sink tip at 450 gr's really have the ability to punch these big Musky flies out there. Tom Schenk worked with Wi musky guide Brad Bohen to create this rod. I first tried one while fishing with WI guide Steve Wisner, Steve couldn't get it back out of my hands that day. Tom has been selling them as fast as he can make them and sending them all over the country.
The long Butt handle below the reel is reminiscent of a Spey Rod. If memory serves me, Beulah Fly Rods (Oregon?) have shorter Spey style Rods . About 8 years ago I had one that was, ?, 10ft-4inch 6wt.! Gonna go have to check their website see what's new !? Sure hope that Lamson (I've used the Lamson LiteSpeeds for years) has the drag that holds up over time . I would of gone with a 4.0 something for the line capacity . . . and preferably a Full Frame Reel as a safety factor . KEEP'EM WET ! ;) :like:
Sponsored