Sponsored

When Will ALL colors be available for the Rubicon?

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
When will ALL colors be available for the Rubicon?
Sponsored

Jeepin Weekend

First Name
Easton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 2 Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm guessing whenever custom orders for the non-late-availability colored gladiators are completed. Which is a time frame from June - fall. Information is pretty tight right now, but I assume Jeep will start giving us some dates in the coming weeks.

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'm guessing whenever custom orders for the non-late-availability colored gladiators are completed. Which is a time frame from June - fall. Information is pretty tight right now, but I assume Jeep will start giving us some dates in the coming weeks.

I hope that’s not the case.. looking to order one soon in the Sting-Ray.. if they wait until June they will be losing a customer—me..

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Whenever FCA feels like it. I've seen a late availability color show up a month after launch. I've also seen FCA decide to never release the color. FCA has also released a color then canceled it within a couple weeks.

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite JTLE Ordered, switched to the dark(er) side: Black JTLE
I hope that’s not the case.. looking to order one soon in the Sting-Ray.. if they wait until June they will be losing a customer—me..
There are a few threads on here that mention the JL’s color releases and when they became available. If you don’t find them before I do, I’ll reply with a link.

Not to be negative or seem like a personal attack, but judging by the way they just sold (debate-able definition) all of the Launch Editions in limited colors at $62k a piece, I don’t think they’re too concerned about losing sales over color availability. Not saying it’s the right mindset to have, but the math is definitely on Jeep’s side at this point. Scrolling through some of the Launch Edition threads will yield plenty of examples of people who were dead set on a late-availability color, only to have a change of heart when getting their hands on a JT became more of a reality. Who knows how much this will be re-affirmed when regular orders start flowing in; they might push out new colors just to keep up with people who want the truck and don’t care that it’s Gator or Punk’N because those are the only ones you can find.

Again, if what you want is Sting Gray and your timeline is June and it’s not out so you move on to another vehicle, more power to you! But Jeep is still going to sell that Gladiator to someone else.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
My question is why would they even put the color option on the build list if they were not going to be available at the time of launch. Makes no sense at all....

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Sting Ray ( or the similar color) is one of Jeeps popular colors..

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My question is why would they even put the color option on the build list if they were not going to be available at the time of launch. Makes no sense at all....
In their mind, if you intend to purchase the vehicle but want a particular color that bad, you’ll wait for it. From a sales perspective, I’d want to show all of the options, now and in the future, in case someone might have initially passed on the vehicle because there weren’t any colors they liked, even though there may have been a better choice rolling out later that just wasn’t on the website. That same person might have thought twice if they saw the late options and decided they could wait instead of getting into another vehicle.

“”You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” - Wayne Gretzky
-Michael Scott”

I think you kind of proved your own point though... If FCA truly gave a shit about losing potential sales and mitigating the risk to their bottom line because of late-availability colors, they’d make sure those colors were available at launch.

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
My opinion~ very bad PR on FCA part.. it’s not like they are going to have 30 different colors..they are only offering 7-8 different colors..

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My opinion~ very bad PR on FCA part.. it’s not like they are going to have 30 different colors..they are only offering 7-8 different colors..
I think it’s reasonable to say they want the consumer to know what they could possibly get. Would it be bad PR if they didn’t tell you at all about future colors until the day they were available? And since they’re offering 10 colors, I’d bet they only have the ability to simultaneously spray 4-5 of them during a production run. So FCA being a business that wants to make money like the rest of us, they know that by and large the faithful red, silver, black and white colors will appeal to a larger customer base and sell regardless. The other colors—Gator, Gobi, Punk’n, Sting Gray—are definitely cool and appeal to those of us who have gathered on a Gladiator forum, but they’re risky if you are trying to sell as many vehicles as possible.

If you only have the capability to churn out a limited number of colors at the same time, I can understand why they would stick with the standard crowd pleasers instead of pulling one of them from the line-up and replacing it with a non-standard color. Let’s face it, Sting Gray has only actually been available for the Wrangler since 2018. I 100% agree that it’s a popular color, but seemingly not popular enough to override the launch colors; especially considering this is a completely new product offering that only gave them a sales barometer in the past 5 days. Back to risk, I don’t think they’d gamble on producing every color for dealer allocation for a vehicle that they think will do well, but have no clue about how it might actually sell. Even having the ability to paint every single color for customer orders drives a level of effort that we probably don’t realize.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Pole from another thread- top to colors are Gobi & Sting Ray~

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
That's gotta be frustrating. Here we are, only a few weeks into production of a new vehicle (but it's FINALLY in production after how many years of speculation?). On a vehicle that only select FCA folks and press have driven. Complaining about things not available RIGHT NOW. For you it's StingGray. For someone else it Gator. For someone else it's Gobi. For someone else it's the EcoDiesel. All in April 2019, for a 2020 model year vehicle.

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again, a snapshot of 119 potential buyers on a website whose sole purpose is to allow Gladiator enthusiasts to exchange information and banter. How many of those votes are going to no shit drop the cash for a JT? How many of those people already changed their mind and snagged a launch edition instead?

I don’t think a poll on a niche forum that tallied 119 votes is an accurate representation of who the other 75k people Jeep plans to sell the Gladiator to.

Honestly man, I wish all the colors were available too. But I’m really just happy that the truck is actually being produced and I have an order number for one. As @kayakmike relayed, there are people who have been following this thing for many years who are more dedicated to the vehicle itself and have the patience to wait for what they want instead of complaining that it’s not ready yet. If you want a JT but only if the color is right come June, you probably don’t actually want one—it seems like you’ll be missing out on a Gladiator instead of FCA losing a sale.

I hope they make Sting Grey by the time you’re in the market, but if they don’t and you don’t pull the trigger, Jeep won’t care, and neither will we.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Yes in a very limited online forum that is full of fanboys. Sadly we are not the largest subset of the consumers. We all also want rubicons but rubis only make up like 10-20% of total production.

Jeep was fully transparent from the launch stating that curtain colors will be available just not for a while. They put a nice little disclaimer next to each one stating late availability. Anyone who thinks they will be available day one if ordering are just thinking wishfully. Do I like most of the late availability colors, yes. But I am also a realist and realize that a corporation who is making this product for me has stated from the beginning that if I want one towards the beginning of launch I need to pick a different color.

Bright white with orange accents for me.
Sponsored