First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Yes, but also, he's not looking for legal advice while talking about a law.

So, only respond if you've had experience with the Lemon Law, in California, but please don't talk about legal things, so don't talk about the lemon law?

I've got multiple lemon law experiences. I'd love to help. But I was told no, because I was asking about "legal" related things.
I hear ya! In Cali, there is the arbitration board. Its got to go there before it ever goes to court(if the car mfg participates). Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep did but I can say they still do. Cant imagine they dont especially in this FU state! When I had my issue with a Didge Dakota, I was getting wishy/washy answers from the service rep so I went and spoke with the Service Manager. He explained the procedure (for my issue) and the company rep from Los Angeles corporate had to come down, look at the vehicle and provide recommendations. Once those recommendations failed then The Service Manager called me and said that he is referring it to Corporate for a buy back. From that point until I had my new vehicle was 2 weeks. The Manufacturers are very aware of the lemon laws and the one way they will try to bypass it is write it up differently each time you visit for the same issue. With all that said and wasting both your and my time, the Op really didnt state what the issue is......shady...... BTW, I have had experience in California with Lemons and the Law (but never at the same time šŸ˜„ ).
Sponsored

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I hear ya! In Cali, there is the arbitration board. Its got to go there before it ever goes to court(if the car mfg participates). Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep did but I can say they still do. Cant imagine they dont especially in this FU state! When I had my issue with a Didge Dakota, I was getting wishy/washy answers from the service rep so I went and spoke with the Service Manager. He explained the procedure (for my issue) and the company rep from Los Angeles corporate had to come down, look at the vehicle and provide recommendations. Once those recommendations failed then The Service Manager called me and said that he is referring it to Corporate for a buy back. From that point until I had my new vehicle was 2 weeks. The Manufacturers are very aware of the lemon laws and the one way they will try to bypass it is write it up differently each time you visit for the same issue. With all that said and wasting both your and my time, the Op really didnt state what the issue is......shady...... BTW, I have had experience in California with Lemons and the Law (but never at the same time šŸ˜„ ).
Pretty useful, thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Little update for you all. Finally got my truck back from the dealership. Steering is good, just not as responsive as it was before the death wobble incident. Iā€™m going to take it back in for alignment and tire rotation next week, and have them fix this minor issue.

On another note, I didnā€™t end up getting a lawyer. I figured I didnā€™t need the extra hassle in my life, but I did however get some money back from FCA. Check was for just shy of $1k for the days I made a car payment but didnā€™t have my car. Another bonus was all the miles I put on the loaner they gave me which didnā€™t have to go on my car. Overall wasnā€™t the worst experience but I wish they wouldā€™ve done some things different. This experience has definitely changed my satisfaction with the brand and Iā€™m really considering the new Tacoma in March as a result.

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Little update for you all. Finally got my truck back from the dealership. Steering is good, just not as responsive as it was before the death wobble incident. Iā€™m going to take it back in for alignment and tire rotation next week, and have them fix this minor issue.

On another note, I didnā€™t end up getting a lawyer. I figured I didnā€™t need the extra hassle in my life, but I did however get some money back from FCA. Check was for just shy of $1k for the days I made a car payment but didnā€™t have my car. Another bonus was all the miles I put on the loaner they gave me which didnā€™t have to go on my car. Overall wasnā€™t the worst experience but I wish they wouldā€™ve done some things different. This experience has definitely changed my satisfaction with the brand and Iā€™m really considering the new Tacoma in March as a result.
Is this going to be the last Jeep you will ever own?

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Strong possibility of that if I decide on getting the Tacoma. Still unsure though, they keep teasing the Tacoma and no one knows what the specs will be or what exactly it will look like. I have to say, this has made me doubt the quality of the gladiator. Iā€™m sure the majority are holding up just fine but my reality is different so it has its effects.

Sponsored

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Great it worked out.

strong lawyer
Not trying to be mean, but in this type of case those two things don't add up... the lawyer is not going to make a profit on his time at that rate.
This stuff is time consuming

As to the Taco, a small advice given to me, and it sure would have been better for me to listen to it, do not buy a brand new developed vehicle. Wait for the 2nd or 3rd year it is being produced. Then you know the issues it has and most will be ironed out.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
and the one way they will try to bypass it is write it up differently each time you visit for the same issue.
That's not the only times they'll do that. I've had two visits written down as "inspection of ............"
Last was "inspect body mounts".
Inspect? Hell, they removed a broken bolt, and put in a new one.
At another dealership it was "inspect electric system" - no symptoms, no "customer says", just "inspect". Not a bit of what was done or what I had brought it to them for.

Watch stuff like that - aiming that at anyone who is following this thread. Make sure specifics are noted and what your complaint was.
I've noted for years the tendency for dealers to write it as "inspected".
That implies they looked at it but didn't do anything (well, maybe then they are being honest LOL)

OP
OP
D10S86

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Great it worked out.

Not trying to be mean, but in this type of case those two things don't add up... the lawyer is not going to make a profit on his time at that rate.
This stuff is time consuming

As to the Taco, a small advice given to me, and it sure would have been better for me to listen to it, do not buy a brand new developed vehicle. Wait for the 2nd or 3rd year it is being produced. Then you know the issues it has and most will be ironed out.
From a business standpoint, wouldnā€™t it make more sense for them to make sure this new generation was very high quality with little to no issues so they could drive sales the next few years? I would imagine that they will keep this new generation around for some time so it would only hurt to cut back on costs and try to make a cheap, issue prone vehicle that will make headlines if the expected Toyota quality isnā€™t there.

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
From a business standpoint, wouldnā€™t it make more sense for them to make sure this new generation was very high quality with little to no issues so they could drive sales the next few years? I would imagine that they will keep this new generation around for some time so it would only hurt to cut back on costs and try to make a cheap, issue prone vehicle that will make headlines if the expected Toyota quality isnā€™t there.
I hear you, and would it make sense, of course. Simply even not to damage brand and stock option, but...
look at how long certain issues that were known about stayed around...
Ford had issues with the alternator for ever...
look at the diesel fuel pump issues in the GC 3.0 and how long it took them to admit a problem and fix it

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
An example from Germany, Merc S/E class was engineered over many many yeas and a huge testing period, to achieve exactly what you stated. Now they develope and test vehicles in a year or so

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
All American Auto Manufacturers strive for high quality. It keeps costs down and increases customer retention. The biggest variables are the line workers who do assembly, and the quality of the components provided by the suppliers. These are things they cannot control. It may happen as a result of employee actions, but none of the Manufacturers intentionally ship poor quality products. It costs them much more to repair afterwards than to get it right during assembly. Things are not perfect, and there are problems, which require groups setup in the company to handle them. Some do better than others at resolving the issues.

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
American Auto Manufacturers
Can you define that please?

Do you mean assembled in the US?
Because I am fairly sure that a huge percentage of each vehicle has internationally sourced components, and then what does that mean? Did it have to be designed, or tested, or manufactured or just assembled in the states?

Your statement is mostly true, but there are too many issues in all productions that have been known about for some time that are not being quickly resolved due to cost benefit or sometimes the hope that it just won`t show up.

Diesel pump
Rust at the hinges
Diesel Skandal everyone internally knew about, but risk cost profit benefit they still went for it to try and hoodwink the market

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Seems early for a tech refresh on the Tacoma. Not their standard. The Gen 3 tranny sucked so hopefully they have addressed that. I was looking to dump my Gen 3 and was looking at Silverado's when Jeep came out with the Gladiator.
What did they do to the steering to fix it? a large percentage of death wobble is caused by underinflated tires. Go ask any Harley owner!
Sponsored