Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow / 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Air Suspension
Occupation
Owner of printing company
Vehicle Showcase
For the past week, I've been looking at side steps constantly. Don't know what to get! Theres so many to choose from.

My one question is about the Rock Hard ones. Do your feet fall/slide through the cracks? lol
Sponsored

1herm4

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
For the past week, I've been looking at side steps constantly. Don't know what to get! Theres so many to choose from.

My one question is about the Rock Hard ones. Do your feet fall/slide through the cracks? lol
I haven't had that issue

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I love mine. i'm hoping with how much they stick out they will protect from parking lot asshats.

I haven't had that issue
B4C36098-AF4E-4B53-93F6-2E6B3D7FBF89.jpeg

8A766013-5764-4FDB-9B0A-1C0B5E03FB7B.jpeg

F998316E-B9EA-4ED9-85ED-9341BBA51287.jpeg

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed these Rough Country DS2 steps. They look decent but the install was a fiasco from start to finish...it took me about 6 hours.

Jeep Gladiator Which Side Steps Should I Get? 20200815_140849

BBerry

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sales
I have a 2.5” lift with 37” tires. I needed something to drop down on my Rubi. I went with the Rock Slide Power Steps and I love them. They are better rock slides than the factory installed rock sliders. They drop down when a door is open and retract when a door is closed. And they have a light to light up the step. One of the best upgrades I’ve done. A little pricey, but worth it yo me.

Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I added 1" wide abrasive Shur Tape (from Lowe's) to the tops of the outer tubes of my Rock Hards. No slipping. Another advantage to their strength and ability to deflect errant car doors is their utility as rock sliders which won't catch on a rock and get torn off like can happen with steps.

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I love mine. i'm hoping with how much they stick out they will protect from parking lot asshats.

Is it pretty easy to install yourself at home?

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I installed these myself in just over an hour, and I'm not exactly great at assembling things. They were cheap as dirt from Amazon so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm pretty dang satisfied.

Jeep side step.jpg

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Lots out there about Jeep and the Red Loctite they put on the front body mounts. This is a mixed bag. I punked out on the install. IT SHOULD be easy. But I opted to drop $125 to get them installed vs the potential of fighting with Jeep over this issue. I am embarrassed. I have done much harder things. But my time is valuable. I'd rather not spend hours trying to explain to Jeep that a bolt can and should be removed.

Is it pretty easy to install yourself at home?

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I was thinking grip tape. Old school skater.

I added 1" wide abrasive Shur Tape (from Lowe's) to the tops of the outer tubes of my Rock Hards. No slipping. Another advantage to their strength and ability to deflect errant car doors is their utility as rock sliders which won't catch on a rock and get torn off like can happen with steps.

Sponsored

SD Gladiator

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1989 XJ,
I have the Rock Slide Engineering power steps. They are the best for most uses. If you are looking to bang your truck around a lot on the rocks you might want something beefier. But for regular overlanding , I believe there is nothing better. Love mine .

OP
OP
immaechu

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Rock Slide Engineering power steps. They are the best for most uses. If you are looking to bang your truck around a lot on the rocks you might want something beefier. But for regular overlanding , I believe there is nothing better. Love mine .
Do you think it is worth the thousand and some change? Its hard for me to pull the trigger on steps that are that price. I want them but they're so expensive

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Rock Hard 4x4 for sure. Just installed them and love them. Good thread on them in these forums.

SD Gladiator

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1989 XJ,
Do you think it is worth the thousand and some change? Its hard for me to pull the trigger on steps that are that price. I want them but they're so expensive
I believe they are worth every penny. They look better than all the others.they have a drop down power step that is lit for the night time and they give you substantial protection.

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Another vote for the Rock Slide Engineering steps. With the optional skid plate they are about 1/4" thick steel. And they are wide enough to set your 44 oz drink on while you open the door.
Sponsored