Delivery Driver

Dakarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee (getting Gladiator soon)
Occupation
Network Engineer
I had wanted to get that option too. Unfortunately you basically have to order that to get it. We already sold our other car and can't wait that long.

6Jeeps

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
So I am getting my first ever Jeep! The Gladiator is perfect for my family and I, and I'm extremely excited! I am a little bit stumped about which trim to pick, however, because I've never owned a Jeep before. Could anyone give advice? I'll try to keep the pitch short.

I'll be honest, I'm not that interested (nor do I have the time) in going to off-road parks or trying to climb the craziest line possible. I'm familiar with 4WD and I want a functional vehicle that I can use to go anywhere (within reason) to camp, hike, explore, stay unstuck, and not see people for several days. And also because my job will someday, sometimes require me to go to remote places, sometimes as "quickly" as possible (I know the JT is not a racer, I like that). I want a dependable, capable, and flexible JT that will get me "anywhere" I need to go. The only mods I really want to make are adding a winch, extra lights, snow/ice tires, some stuff in the bed, and maybe a roof rack if I have to. I don't want to mess with lifting or suspension if I don't have to (sacrilege! :devil:). This will be my daily driver, so roads and off-road are both important. The only creature comforts I need are cold weather group, the hardtop headliner, and connecting my phone (GPS and such). More is nice, but not necessary. I'd love manual windows and locks, but you can't get the cold weather group or Selec-Trac with the base Sport.

Here's what I'm considering:

- Sport S - with Max Tow Package, Trac-Lok Anti-Spin Rear Differential, Selec-Trac full-time 4WD, Cold Air Intake, (no steel bumper available)
- Rubicon - with winch ready steel bumper, Trac-Lok, Rock-Trac full-time 4WD, Cold air intake, etc.
-Mojave - Selec-Trac full-time 4WD (no Trac-lok , steel bumper, or cold air intake available)

Is the Rubicon/Mojave worth the price jump? I know the Mojave has a beefier frame and such and is made to go faster over rough terrain. And the Rubicon is made to go slow over very rough terrain. But with the Max Tow Package and decked out, I can have every single thing I'd like with the Sport S and still save $3,000-7,000. Is the suspension, sway bar DC, lockers, off road plus, etc. of the Rubicon/Mojave worth the extra price? Also, is there a significant difference in ride comfort between the Mojave and the Rubicon? I test drove a Mojave and loved it, then an Overland and it was nice too. I liked the suspension of the Mojave marginally better, but it could have been in my head.

What do you recommend? THANK YOU for anyone willing to give advice on this. I can't wait to own a JT, no matter which trim it is!
i doubt you need the extreme off road capabilities of the Mojave or rubicon but they do look cool. You probably want the limited slip differential and less aggressive gear ratio in the sport series. Gas mileage is not great with a 4.10 gear in the rear. The Rubicon in 4wd doesn’t do well at normal to high speed in partial snow and ice situations on curvy mountain roads.

OP
OP

mortalsphere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator wannabe
i doubt you need the extreme off road capabilities of the Mojave or rubicon but they do look cool. You probably want the limited slip differential and less aggressive gear ratio in the sport series. Gas mileage is not great with a 4.10 gear in the rear. The Rubicon in 4wd doesn’t do well at normal to high speed in partial snow and ice situations on curvy mountain roads.
I tend to agree. Some of it will depend on if I can find a model near me with (most of) the options I want, which seems unlikely. But I think something based off of the Sport S is a good choice.

Sponsored

mep4wd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Consultant, Retired
Congratulations on deciding to buy a Jeep.

I would go Rubicon all the way. Out of the box it's been a great daily driver and "escape vehicle".

If you're going off road then invest in some basic recovery gear.

First time I took my Gladiator off road a number of things became obvious:
1. It's a better off road driver than I am.
2. It's longer than the wrangler. It can't go just anywhere and everywhere.
3. It takes time to fully understand and be able to leverage the off road technologies that come with the Rubicon.
4. Four wheel driving is a skill that takes time to build.

Long as you have other friends who can accompany you on your off road adventures a winch can wait.

Good Luck and have Fun.

COASTAL CAJUN

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Gladiator 1981 Scrambler
Occupation
Marine Construction
Two options to consider.
1- get the auxiliary switches from factory. 225$ or so well worth it. Gives you the bigger alternator with it
2- Factory tow package (not max tow) but you get receiver hitch and the larger radiator. 395$
Do not hold me to the exact price. I bought the sport with those options hard top and WAS out the door at 42000$ with ttl and 100,000 mile extended warranty. 4500 $ in aftermarket parts and pieces and I LOVE my JEEP! Good looking and fun to drive!!!

20201116_101339.jpg

20201222_160839.jpg

JBlack23323

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Technical trainer
So I just bought my gladiator I have the high altitude. It has the leather seats, nav,the 20" rims, the cold weather package and the other cross path and blind spot, and adaptive cruse control. I have already switched my street tires to nitto terra grappler g2's and added a bed cover. I love my gladiator and get compliments all the time.
Jeep Gladiator Trim Advice for First Time Jeep Owner 20230426_155558
Sponsored