Sponsored

Serious question from a first time Jeep Owner

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
As a resident snowflake, how is rice burner offensive? Is calling the gladiator a Hamburger burner offensive to Americans?

I like how the people that chose the weird looking car are internally concerned if their weird car is differently weird looking than the other weird looking cars. :LOL:
I could really go for a hamburger right now.

giphy.gif
Sponsored

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
Somehow a Jeep forum has gotten to this? WTF? Yep rice burner is a thing...and I don't care... and I'm a Dago Wop who's making fun of the Irish Mick over there for drinking too much beer. STOP IT PEOPLE. No one should care at ALL what people say about you. EVER. It's your damned first amendment right. Make fun of, slur all you want. I really don't care. I knew this phrase well as a child "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me."

Now if you start hunting down and killing people of a certain race in this country...by all means...expect to be hunted down by every derogatory term you can think of.

This is all crazy to me. I grew up in an absolute melting pop of nationalities. We all teased racial slurs...well all played ball together, we all laughed together, we all worked together.

If you are an adult...and someone can make you cry or hurt your feelings by saying something to you...go beat the shit out of your parents...they deserve it.

now I want a burger too...
giphy.gif

sad85XD

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon "Azazel"
Occupation
Auditor
Somehow a Jeep forum has gotten to this? WTF? Yep rice burner is a thing...and I don't care... and I'm a Dago Wop who's making fun of the Irish Mick over there for drinking too much beer. STOP IT PEOPLE. No one should care at ALL what people say about you. EVER. It's your damned first amendment right. Make fun of, slur all you want. I really don't care. I knew this phrase well as a child "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me."

Now if you start hunting down and killing people of a certain race in this country...by all means...expect to be hunted down by every derogatory term you can think of.

This is all crazy to me. I grew up in an absolute melting pop of nationalities. We all teased racial slurs...well all played ball together, we all laughed together, we all worked together.

If you are an adult...and someone can make you cry or hurt your feelings by saying something to you...go beat the shit out of your parents...they deserve it.

now I want a burger too...
giphy.gif
oohhh so close. Had me all the way until assaulting your own parents.

Reactions: jrf
OP
OP
Br4hm4

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
As an Asian...all you crackers need to calm the F down and get back on subject!

I kid I kid...

But seriously, this thread got pretty derailed over nothing.

ErocksGlad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tahoe
Lol, this thread.
I'm in the camp of do what makes you happy. Hell I don't even care if you lower your jeep and put 30" rims on it... I'll say it's ugly but to each their own. I think the whole "mall crawler" thing is just to mess with people and I would hope no one is too serious about someone modifying their jeep to their wants and needs

Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
This thread is funny. Anyone who doesn't think "ricer" is a derogatory [NOTE: read carefully - I didn't say "offensive" I said "derogatory" - the point is that I think a SPEAKER should be aware of what his/her words mean to his/her audience and the RECIPIENT should determine whether to take offense under the circumstances and context in any given situation. To me this is why everything is totally fucked up today because people don't pay attention enough to what they are saying OR they take offence too quickly. That's it - I am vaguely ambivalent to all you equally...] term for Japanese vehicles, is simply unaware of its historical provenance. However, as those vehicles become more popular and mainstream I think the term evolved to focus on "pimped out" compact economy vehicles from Asian manufacturers, and then pimped out compact economy vehicles in general. But everything I wrote before this sentence was only to lead up to this: I think the funniest commercials of all time (IMHO) was VW's un pimp your auto campaign which artfully made fun of what I think you would generally refer to as "riced out" vehicles without actually using the word "riced" or "ricer" or even containing anyone obviously Asian. I think that was pretty artfully done by VW:

Also - just to be clear - I'm in the "you do you" camp although I tend to lean toward functional mods rather than pure appearance. I also have polished wheels that offer NO performance advance other than that is what jeeps are supposed to look like from when I was a kid (70s...). Anyway - enjoy the commercials. I have owned 3 GTIs and even still have my FAST. I think they are great but... I wouldn't trade my 6MT JTR for any GTI now. 😁

PS I'm Korean but NOT the ambassador for all Asian people.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I'm fine with about anything.
Just don't lower it and don't put 20" chrome rims and rubber bands for tires, that's my line basically.
Make it how you want but don't lose the spirit of the vehicle in the process.
I dunno, man. I come from the era of George Barris and Ed "Big Daddy" Roth. There were no rules.

You know what they say: "Sacred cow makes the tastiest hamburger."
Jeep Gladiator Serious question from a first time Jeep Owner 87277067-F28A-4EFD-9E27-BC296EEDA369

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
This thread is funny. Anyone who doesn't think "ricer" is a derogatory [NOTE: read carefully - I didn't say "offensive" I said "derogatory" - the point is that I think a SPEAKER should be aware of what his/her words mean to his/her audience and the RECIPIENT should determine whether to take offense under the circumstances and context in any given situation. To me this is why everything is totally fucked up today because people don't pay attention enough to what they are saying OR they take offence too quickly. That's it - I am vaguely ambivalent to all you equally...] term for Japanese vehicles, is simply unaware of its historical provenance. However, as those vehicles become more popular and mainstream I think the term evolved to focus on "pimped out" compact economy vehicles from Asian manufacturers, and then pimped out compact economy vehicles in general. But everything I wrote before this sentence was only to lead up to this: I think the funniest commercials of all time (IMHO) was VW's un pimp your auto campaign which artfully made fun of what I think you would generally refer to as "riced out" vehicles without actually using the word "riced" or "ricer" or even containing anyone obviously Asian. I think that was pretty artfully done by VW:

Also - just to be clear - I'm in the "you do you" camp although I tend to lean toward functional mods rather than pure appearance. I also have polished wheels that offer NO performance advance other than that is what jeeps are supposed to look like from when I was a kid (70s...). Anyway - enjoy the commercials. I have owned 3 GTIs and even still have my FAST. I think they are great but... I wouldn't trade my 6MT JTR for any GTI now. 😁

PS I'm Korean but NOT the ambassador for all Asian people.
I'm a pimp so I take offense to you saying "pimp" out a car. I'm so offended right now I'm going to my crying closet to call a wambulance.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I own a Mall Crawler and am not offended in the least, I keep all 5 of my vehicles pristine and do not use them as intended.

Bruce

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I own a Mall Crawler and am not offended in the least, I keep all 5 of my vehicles pristine and do not use them as intended.

Bruce
I use them as intended. I DRIVE them.
I can't say all 5 of mine are pristine - it's winter, storm after storm, snow, ice, salt and sand and it's about 9 degrees out with wind.
One is basically pristine, I parked it for winter after the last show and you could still eat off any part of the engine. One is apart getting new door hinges if I ever get back to it (you have to strip the dash out to get to the bolts) so it's in my shop safe from winter.
3 of our Jeeps are ready and willing to face winter when/if we need them to. I drive them, I think that's what was intended.

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
I'm older, 62 and I really don't care what anyone does to there Jeep. Its there Jeep and as long as they are happy with it, whether its a mall crawler or rocked out monster trail rig, who should care.

I NEVER put anyone's vehicle down, even if its not my cup of tea. We all have differences of opinions, taste and style. Thats what this so much fun.

I'm here to help anyone if I can, even if not something I personally like. I you like it, thats all that matters.

People build to their taste and budgets. We are Jeepers and thats all that matters.

Personally if your a hater, sorry but your not needed in my group of friends. Best of luck
Sponsored