First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0, 2012 jk
Occupation
Military
This might be a repeat but hard to find info on.
I'm looking at getting an ecodiesel and I'm torn between just getting a rubi or budget smart and doing the willys.
I remember reading at some point in time that the diesel in the willys came with front and rear Dana 44s can anyone comment on that??

As well if anyone wants to.discuss which trim package I should be considering for the ecodiesel :)
Sponsored

F3Orangeman

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTOD, ’02 F-150 SCrew
Occupation
Stay-at-Home Financial Analyst (thanks to COVID)
Pretty sure all Gladiators have a Jeep version of 44s, called M210 (front) and M220 (rear), according to the 2021 buyers guide. The Rubi, Mojave, Max Tow, and High Altitude have the “wide” axle versions.
Jeep Gladiator Willys gladiator ecodiesel queations DB04C767-E185-4B9C-AAD9-4B537F3135D0

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JT Past: 97 ZJ, 14 JKU, 18 WK2
All gladiators have dana 44s. If you want the wider axles, you have to go rubicon, as a sport max tow is not available in a diesel. And, only you can know what trim you should get, as you haven‘t listed what you’re looking for in terms of performance or comforts. So, I’m not really sure anyone can help you beyond this without more information.

centra28

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Hydro Blue Pearl Coat
I was just comparing axles between the trims yesterday. The jeep.com site has a lot of great information. If you choose Gladiator and compare models, expand the powertrain tab and you'll find a treasure trove of information:

Jeep Gladiator Willys gladiator ecodiesel queations 1610142692823
Sponsored