Sponsored

Willys mild leveling/lift - shock extensions or rubi takeoffs?

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
I plan to go with a mild 1.5” leveling kit (1.5” up front, 1/2” in rear) as I need to retain a bit of rake, and I’d love to get feedback from the hive mind on extending the stock Willys shocks (JK reds) vs. getting a set of slightly used JTR rubi fox takeoffs. I sure like the idea of not introducing extensions but I also don’t want to drop a lot on new lift friendly shocks.

We’ve got a pioneer 700-4 for horseplay and skinny trails so I don’t see us scaling this truck beyond a level and 35s.

What are your thoughts and thanks in advance!
Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I agree with papa.

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
The issue with a complete swap is I’ve got a diesel being built and didn’t want to risk throwing things off with different springs so the next best I could figure would be mild spacer. I could just sit tight and wait for a complete used rubi diesel setup went up for sale. Is that what ya’ll are proposing would be the best long term solution?

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
I have 1 1/2" leveling kit and want some take-offs that would essentially give me me 2 1/2" on the front but I'm finding out not all take-offs are created equally and some springs are the same as what's on a Sport S. Don't know what spring part # gives you an added inch of lift.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I have a sport s I put on a set of front springs off a LE the numbers were 340 and 343 I got 1” of lift from them. I also have 1.5 spacer on front and .75 spacer in the rear and Rubicon Fox shocks.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
Ok, Diesel is different. Any take offs I would make sure are from a diesel and a complete set. Go with pucks until then.

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Ok, Diesel is different. Any take offs I would make sure are from a diesel and a complete set. Go with pucks until then.
k cool, got a great deal on a set of mild spacers, it was the shocks I was on the fence about. Sounds good, I’ll not mix & match until I decide to go full-on system specific for diesel.

Thanks for the feedback ya’ll!
Sponsored