Sponsored

Willys or Mojave?

mortalsphere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator wannabe
Hey Chandler, I'm currently in the same boat. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, and I'm deciding between trims also. One of the things that people have mentioned to me is your likely use. What is your lifestyle? Are you new to off-roading or going off pavement at all? Do you know you will be rock-crawling (Rubi) or going as fast as possible down fire roads (Mojave) regularly, or just a mix of normal-ish on and off-road (any trim, but save your bank account)? What would you actually need the locker to do for you? How much of your driving will require the locker? 5%? 1%? Be honest with yourself. You live in Louisiania, so no snow, just mud and rocks, right? Are you dying to tear through the wilderness/desert/woods like the promo videos, or are you going to do that just sometimes, and the rest is just normal use? I'm the latter mostly, and fine with it.

I suppose it's better to have and not need, than to need and not have, but there's a sanity limit to that. 🙂 As I see it, any Jeep can handle most everything most people want to do. At the end of the day, if your pockets are deep enough, get what makes you happy. Life's short, and the truck will never be perfect.

mortalsphere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator wannabe
If money is no issue, go Mojave. I like the Willys package at its price point but the LSD may or may not have a long lifespan. This was mine in my Willys JKU at 35k miles.

CC96F32F-62AF-4BF3-895A-BE97CDF658B1.jpeg
Oh my God, that hurts to look at. Was it fixed under warranty? What caused it? The LSD is a must-have on my list of options.

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I was looking at all trim levels and found that the dealer was more willing to negotiate on the Mojave (and Rubicon)...ended up getting my Mojave for right at 13% off MSRP which put it within $2k of a much less equipped Willys. At that price difference, it was an easy decision to go Mojave (especially since I wanted the 4.10 gearing, nicer suspension, higher fenders, etc.).

mortalsphere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator wannabe
I was looking at all trim levels and found that the dealer was more willing to negotiate on the Mojave (and Rubicon)...ended up getting my Mojave for right at 13% off MSRP which put it within $2k of a much less equipped Willys. At that price difference, it was an easy decision to go Mojave (especially since I wanted the 4.10 gearing, nicer suspension, higher fenders, etc.).
Man, I hope this happens to me...

Sponsored

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
I love the mojave and did not know about it when I purchased, though I knew I wanted to lift it and do I really need a locker? I was up sold a High Altitude with all the safety options and leather. it has HD axles just no lockers and since I replaced the suspension, I'm a happy camper.. so there is a 4th trim option thats kind of in the middle

OP
OP
Chanman75

Chanman75

First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two F-150s
Occupation
Landscaper and grass cutter
That’s what I’ve been seeing a lot too are high priced willys when for a few thousand more I can get a Mojave or a Rubicon. How much did you end up getting you’re Mojave for?

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I’m in agreement with a lot of others here...you have the budget it sounds like, so I go Mojave if you really plan on wheelin’ it.

Deleted member 30519

What's with people saying "because it has HD axles".. my base sport says HD axles on the sticker. LoL

Sponsored

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
I traded a ‘19 Rubicon JLU for my ‘21 Mojave. Fantastic decision. The Mojave is one of my favorite all time vehicles, and Ive owned a bunch. Drove a Willys JLU as well. The Mojave is the best by far of all of them imo.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
My vote is Willy's but because I would lift the truck, and don't wanna negate the most expensive part of the Mojave, the shocks, or accommodate a lift by using shock spacers. Mojave frame has extra welds but I can't see myself digging into the frame so deep I need that. YMMV.

HuskerMojave

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 black Mojave, 20 awd Camry
Occupation
Railroader
I went Mojave for performance of suspension and looks. And I haven’t seen another one in my area. Knowing I wouldn’t have the extra cash to do a lift and tires any time soon after the purchase of it. And definitely agree the blacked out looks great.

7DE52064-1198-48BE-9CB7-2194F260C0E5.jpeg
Sponsored