First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Comms
my truck runs fine with an empty tank of washer fluid. it pisses me off that i need to rely on the availability of muffler fluid.
Sponsored

Scott Andrews

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 LH CC Ecodiesel; 2021 Charger Scatpk
Occupation
Engineer
So $10-$11/gal for DEF?? WTF, water w a little urea in it. The absolute greed of the big corps, i hope they all choke on it and die
Yes, it's about $22 for 2.5 gal , but it's more than deionized water and urea. The more premium DEF has additives to protect the SCR system.

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
No, it's all the same, as stated by a guy on here that worked at one of the few plants in the US that makes the stuff. The 7 secret herbs and spices is just marketing.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Lost1wing, I had two VW Jetta diesels. Enjoyed both. Second one I chipped. It was stinking fast! 2001 TDi.
One of the best years. I have one chipped, two with 17/25 turbo and nozzles and one stock. My buddy near me has 8/9 all stock. Bad habit for us.

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
One of the best years. I have one chipped, two with 17/25 turbo and nozzles and one stock. My buddy near me has 8/9 all stock. Bad habit for us.
tdi--chipped and dipped-- was faster than that years gti.

Stinking Fast!

Sponsored

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
You are some what wrong on this. Yes, the engine runs better when warm. But loves cold air going into it. Especially on a turbo or supercharged motor. If the Air intake temps get too high, the ecu will start to put timing to reduce power. On the dyno with my twin turbo'ed 700hp track car. A 65F morning, hp was 703. Late afternoon 90F. Power was down to 623. Nothing was done to the car between the runs.

At the power plant with gas turbines. We could see over a 100MW' difference between a 90F day vs a 0F day. That's a HUGE difference.
But is that efficiency ? You know, output power vs lbs of fuel going in?

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
tdi--chipped and dipped-- was faster than that years gti.

Stinking Fast!
Had and sold mine before the fiasco. I really enjoyed that car. The only down fall was the intake caked up with sludge.
Sponsored