Sponsored

All things Katzkin

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Well look what i found, a Price List for Katzkin products, could help you negotiate with your local katzkin guy.

Look at tab 2 of the excel file,
Relaxor 8-motor massager with heat $125.00
Heating and Cooling Katzkin DEGREEZ (sold per unit) $249 per unit

Also have a Relaxor Massage kit install pdf attached.
AND a Degreez install file pdf.
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
LOL, this is the 3rd time I posted this......sorry :blush:
I'm getting this for my "inserts" on my katzkins, its a faux embossed material called Bayou, can't wait for these to be on my gator.
upload_2019-4-13_20-29-15-png.png

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my only concern with the degreez system, is that the peltier effect of the heating/cooling element won't be as good as the heating of their carbon fiber heater pad. Wonder if a local dealer actually has a "demo seat" you can sit on and try out.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
oh wow. pretty straightforward, good find!

My cousin has a 2017 Chevy Silverado... and it has an interesting feature. The parking sensors in the rear are tied to vibrator in the drivers seat. As he gets closer to an object in the rear, the entire seat vibrates as a warning... lol very interesting...

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oh wow. pretty straightforward, good find!

My cousin has a 2017 Chevy Silverado... and it has an interesting feature. The parking sensors in the rear are tied to vibrator in the drivers seat. As he gets closer to an object in the rear, the entire seat vibrates as a warning... lol very interesting...
My Pacifica rear sensors first go off when you're already hitting something. Well not exactly, but they're not to my liking.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's cool, couple other colors available too. And I have the tools to swap....
you can also install seat massagers for those long trips, or to re-shake-up your margarita!

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
is it better/worse to put Katzkin leather seat covers onto cloth JT seats or JT seats that are already leather from factory?

Leave money out of it, i'm just wondering if one is easier, better/worse, ect.

Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
is it better/worse to put Katzkin leather seat covers onto cloth JT seats or JT seats that are already leather from factory?

Leave money out of it, i'm just wondering if one is easier, better/worse, etc.
I personally like leather mainly cuz it is easier to maintain with spills and stains... That faux leather does look good but like most faux leather it might not wear good - as in it might fall apart after a year or less... I do like the idea of crocodile/gator skin on the seats - why not shop for real croc/gator skin? :) Unless you have evidence that particular katzkin material does wear well...

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I personally like leather mainly cuz it is easier to maintain with spills and stains... That faux leather does look good but like most faux leather it might not wear good - as in it might fall apart after a year or less... I do like the idea of crocodile/gator skin on the seats - why not shop for real croc/gator skin? :) Unless you have evidence that particular katzkin material does wear well...
i don't know for sure, but I thought katzkin normal leather is real leather. The gator is probably faux.

but my recent question was about if it matters what seat you start with. Is it better to start with a cloth seat, or factory leather seat? I'm assuming both seats are the same construction under the seat cover, but you never know.

To assume, makes an ass out of u and me. =)

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
i don't know for sure, but I thought katzkin normal leather is real leather. The gator is probably faux.

but my recent question was about if it matters what seat you start with. Is it better to start with a cloth seat, or factory leather seat? I'm assuming both seats are the same construction under the seat cover, but you never know.

LOL - but aren't cloth seats cheaper than leather seats? If you know you were going the Katzkin route why not just go the cheaper cloth route and do the katzkin upgrade to save some $$? With regards to the specific construction of cloth seats vs leather seats, I am afraid I am not qualified to answer that question :)

But, that Bayou does look amazing and will look amazing on the gator. My fave color in the gladiator lineup is gator and a close second is gobi and then my LE Firecracker Red - no I didn't compromise hahaha

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL - but aren't cloth seats cheaper than leather seats? If you know you were going the Katzkin route why not just go the cheaper cloth route and do the katzkin upgrade to save some $$?
That's what i'm talking about! lmao

But i want to know if the only difference in a cloth seat vs a leather seat is the exterior "skin".

Plus we know the leather seat option also gives leather accenting.

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3

If you start with cloth, you don't get the fold down arm rest in the back seat. The fold down arm rest is only available when you order factory leather.
Sponsored