Sponsored

All things Katzkin

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
so there are 2 in front of the console, 2 in the console, and 2 behind?
Not quite. There's the two front ones between the front seats, two on the floor in the back (see pic), and you get two more in the fold down center arm rest with the leather seat package.

2019-06-18 15_53_44-jeep gladiator interior.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Not quite. There's the two front ones between the front seats, two on the floor in the back (see pic), and you get two more in the fold down center arm rest with the leather seat package.

2019-06-18 15_53_44-jeep gladiator interior.jpg
OHHHHH, the fold down thing in the back, got it!

I was so confused why they put 2 cup holders IN the center console, lol.

RRGA

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Well look what i found, a Price List for Katzkin products, could help you negotiate with your local katzkin guy.

Look at tab 2 of the excel file,
Relaxor 8-motor massager with heat $125.00
Heating and Cooling Katzkin DEGREEZ (sold per unit) $249 per unit

Also have a Relaxor Massage kit install pdf attached.
AND a Degreez install file pdf.
Cooled seats would be worth it in GA, curious if anybody has done this....

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
If you get the cold weather group, can you retain factory heated seats and just add cooling?

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
If you get the cold weather group, can you retain factory heated seats and just add cooling?
I believe the katzkin "degreez" setup is heat and cool. Not sure if that can work with existing heated seats, or if the existing has to be removed.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
is it better/worse to put Katzkin leather seat covers onto cloth JT seats or JT seats that are already leather from factory?

Leave money out of it, i'm just wondering if one is easier, better/worse, ect.
I've had both: factory leather in my wife's tahoe and factory cloth in a Silverado I used to drive. I added katzkin to my Silverado and it was much more comfortable. The factory cloth seemed to be softer than the factory leather and it retained that softness after the katzkin was installed. It looks amazing too with the optional colors for the stitching and different leather patterns.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had both: factory leather in my wife's tahoe and factory cloth in a Silverado I used to drive. I added katzkin to my Silverado and it was much more comfortable. The factory cloth seemed to be softer than the factory leather and it retained that softness after the katzkin was installed. It looks amazing too with the optional colors for the stitching and different leather patterns.
Awesome information! I'm thinking that i'll save the money and NOTget factory leather in my rubicon then. I was bumbed about no rear arm rest, but its just kids/dog back there for YEARS, so who cares. Also the faux leather center console seems quite adequate to me. Also i'm assuming a good apholster-er could re-apholster that. lol

Only downside is the dumb dash will have to be painted or wraped, cuz non-sadle seat rubicons have Red dash I think, and I don't want that.

i'm totally going with this in the next car. MIGHT even do it in my current JT and then when i get a rubicon just swap the seats. Never had anything wild/weird/exotic like this in a vehicle. This is my early mid-life crisis I guess. LMAO, :LOL:
upload_2019-8-23_10-58-6.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome information! I'm thinking that i'll save the money and NOTget factory leather in my rubicon then. I was bumbed about no rear arm rest, but its just kids/dog back there for YEARS, so who cares. Also the faux leather center console seems quite adequate to me. Also i'm assuming a good apholster-er could re-apholster that. lol

Only downside is the dumb dash will have to be painted or wraped, cuz non-sadle seat rubicons have Red dash I think, and I don't want that.

i'm totally going with this in the next car. MIGHT even do it in my current JT and then when i get a rubicon just swap the seats. Never had anything wild/weird/exotic like this in a vehicle. This is my early mid-life crisis I guess. LMAO, :LOL:
upload_2019-8-23_10-58-6.png
SOAB!!!!

Perforation not available on the Bayou leather I want from katzkin......Pretty sure you need perforation for seat heat/cooling to work. Now I need to order the Katzkin seats, and them custom perforated and THEN installed? This is why i've never done anything custom....too damn expensive.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
that's disappointing.

degreez.PNG