Will this merger collapse affect jeep?

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
My only thought is that the phrase "The people get the government they deserve" has never been more appropriate than in this case.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Can't imagine it would have much if any impact. FCA didn't like what it was seeing from the French government and chose to back out. Jeep remains the crown jewel of the FCA portfolio. I have plenty of hate for FCA but they gave us the Gladiator when Daimler spent years without offering a Jeep pickup, so I tend to think they know what they're doing.

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
My only thought is that the phrase "The people get the government they deserve" has never been more appropriate than in this case.
Are you referring to us or the french or japanese?

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR LE Black, 1996 XJ 4.0 5.5" long arm, 2003 Matrix XRS,
Occupation
Commercial Vehicle Director
There are two main issues with 3 different parties involved...Renault, Nissan and the FCA. Renault already has ties with Nissan. Nissan doesnt want their agreement messed up adding the FCA. The FCA doesnt want to get in bed with Renault since the French govt is the majority stock holders of Renault and they want to see how Nissan would react. They all had a meeting to have a meeting to make a decision of an indecision. It will be months of negotiations.

Sponsored

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
Are you referring to us or the french or japanese?
In this case, the French... since their gov’t essentially shut down this merger which would have benefitted all of the participating companies. However, I think generally it applies to all of the societies you have mentioned to a certain degree, but that’s a discussion to have in an off-topic part of the forum. ;)

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yes, it will affect Jeep....positively.

The only auto maker on the planet with a poorer reputation than Fiat is Renault. A Fiat/Renault partnership would be a deal made in hell for the consumer.

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
if i remember correctly renault got involved with AMC & that didnt go so well thats how AM General came about

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I've heard these 2 car brands are pretty terrible. However I think I have them beat. In Malaysia they have a car called the proton. It is a tin can on wheels. Maybe the worst thing I've ever seen in my life.

HONCHO

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Some may argue that Renault saved Jeep, with the design of the XJ in 1982 ? the Cherokee was indeed a money maker .
Sponsored