Sponsored

Glad Grandpa Firecracker Red LE Build

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Mud flaps installed. Great fit, easy install. Quick release for when I want to go off-road...
Or you have to drive through the February snow...
Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How easy it is to open and close? Can it be done from the driver's seat?

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
How easy it is to open and close? Can it be done from the driver's seat?
Very easy. From the driver's seat, lower the visors and two clamp releases. Takes a few seconds.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very easy. From the driver's seat, lower the visors and two clamp releases. Takes a few seconds.
Awesome! I was afraid it'd be like most manual convertibles where you have to park and get out to unlatch the passenger side.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I like where you are going with this. I do have a question about the mud flaps. I am in a holding pattern for my rock slides with Rock Slide Engineering since they just started building them and want rock chip protection for the door hinges and rear fenders. The doors look like they have good coverage but are the bottoms of the rear fenders going to be protected from rocks coming off of the front tires? I guess the best question is how far off the ground are the flaps?

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
I like where you are going with this. I do have a question about the mud flaps. I am in a holding pattern for my rock slides with Rock Slide Engineering since they just started building them and want rock chip protection for the door hinges and rear fenders. The doors look like they have good coverage but are the bottoms of the rear fenders going to be protected from rocks coming off of the front tires? I guess the best question is how far off the ground are the flaps?
I've got the Rockslide Engineering steps coming too. For the stock Rubicon the bottom of the flap is at 9 1/2 inches off the ground. Looking at it I think it won't give full protection for the rear fender. Note that Jeep has gottem smarter and put a protective film on the rear fenders. Hope that saves them a bit and maybe only have to replace the film every once in a while.
flapsfromfront.jpg

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
That is a perfect photo to answer my question. I will be driving off the lot with with a two inch Mopar lift and 37 KO2s so they probably won’t help at all on mine.

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
That is a perfect photo to answer my question. I will be driving off the lot with with a two inch Mopar lift and 37 KO2s so they probably won’t help at all on mine.
Maybe still protect the door and hinges. I think the Rockslide Engineering steps are much wider than the stock sliders so that might help a little too! I like that the K02 37s are C rated and they'll look great with the lift. Still debating the lift but think I know which way it will go!!

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I had a set of the Mopar high performance rock sliders ordered to protect the rear fenders and allow my petit wife to get in but they arrived damaged...yeah I too asked "how in the world do you damage rock sliders?" But when I saw how tall my Gladiator was going to be I reconsidered and went with the Rock Slide Engineering with the power step. I was only allowed to drive my JK to church once because she had to hike her skirt up to he waist to climb in, I can't have that happen again because my Gladiator has a special parking space at church.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Sounds like you need to find a way for the truck can be lowered down so your little lady will have a short step when getting out for church. Pray about it, might help, no guarantee. Perhaps step bars that power down a good bit. And smaller wheels and tires.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Oh I pray a lot! Rock Slide Engineering has exactly what I need it is just going to take them a few weeks for production to catch up to demand. I also have an ES350 that she has no trouble getting into or out of but I prefer to drive my Jeep. And we plan to give the Lexus to our daughter when she turns 16 so I will not have that option any more soon.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Now that’s pretty cool. Does not look like it help with getting into the back seats. Or does it?

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
It does cover the back door since the bottom of the door is so narrow. I really wish the were longer so that I could reach over into the bed. But it is way better than anything else out there