Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Thanks...and you are still running 17" rims?
Yep, went with Method 701 series. They have a list of wheels that will not work. I believe anything with a +offset like AEV wont work.
Sponsored

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2004 TJ Unlimited
Love your build. Just posted something similar on another user's thread who has the ARB Bondi full width; I love the ARB Classic full width too and I'm debating the two. I'm curious of your fitment with the 37s. I'm running 37s on Methods with the 2" Mojave lift, and trying to see if I were to install the ARB classic if it would rub under flex/turning. Have you flexed it out and experienced any rub with the bumper?

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Love your build. Just posted something similar on another user's thread who has the ARB Bondi full width; I love the ARB Classic full width too and I'm debating the two. I'm curious of your fitment with the 37s. I'm running 37s on Methods with the 2" Mojave lift, and trying to see if I were to install the ARB classic if it would rub under flex/turning. Have you flexed it out and experienced any rub with the bumper?
I haven't flexed it enough with the 37s to give you an honest answer. I can tell you though that I used to work at ARB (17 years) when this bumper came out (I wrote the press release) and it was designed around 37" tires. I had a lot seat time in the ARB Gladiator that was on 37s and never heard or felt rubbing. So hopefully that helps you out. Cheers!

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2004 TJ Unlimited
Alright, well now I know who to blame if it's too difficult to install then! Only kidding, thanks for the heads up. If it didn't rub on the test rig it probably will fit my needs perfectly.

Out of curiosity why the Classic and not the Bondi? Did you just prefer the looks better?

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Alright, well now I know who to blame if it's too difficult to install then! Only kidding, thanks for the heads up. If it didn't rub on the test rig it probably will fit my needs perfectly.

Out of curiosity why the Classic and not the Bondi? Did you just prefer the looks better?
Yeah, just not a fan of the Bondi styling at all. lol.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
1) where did you find the 37s? Discount says they don’t see them in the system and do u know the true height and weight?
2) how’s the ride now that you’ve had them a while?
3) are u missing MTs off road?
4) what size and offset are your 701s? I’m debating dropping down from 39s on my diesel I’m just not running into any obstacles that need them where I go. I’ve got 701s in 17x8.5 but I had to add a 1.25” wheel spacer and I hate doing so

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
1) where did you find the 37s? Discount says they don’t see them in the system and do u know the true height and weight?

I don' believe they have been released officially yet in the 17" flavor. I didn't weight them, and actual height is just about at 36.

2) how’s the ride now that you’ve had them a while?

I love them. They are super quiet and handle the weight of the camper perfectly. Now if I can get some proper rear coil springs. Our area got hit with snow and ice over about a 2 week period around Christmas. And when you work for an off-road shop, snow days dont exist. So I was commuting in snow and ice, over a small mountain pass (36 miles each way) every day and I can tell you I have a lot of confidence in them. Now is the typical rain everyday. Not sure if its partly because I'm so heavy, but standing water on the highway is nothing, the Jeep doesn't care at all.

3) are u missing MTs off road?

Honestly, I have been so busy getting this thing ready for my week long trip to the King of the Hammers, I haven't been able to take them off road. This time of the year around here, we all go up and play in the snow. Thats our wheeling during the winter months.

4) what size and offset are your 701s? I’m debating dropping down from 39s on my diesel I’m just not running into any obstacles that need them where I go. I’ve got 701s in 17x8.5 but I had to add a 1.25” wheel spacer and I hate doing so

0 offset on my wheels. Part number is MR70178550900

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
They have a very rich racing background (currently several Dakar Rally Cars are running them) and I've got to know the people in the company over the past couple of years, great people and very educated when it comes to brakes. Plus, still family owned and South African made, where everything 4x4 related seems to made to take a beating and last forever. I can honestly say these brakes hare a huge improvement with all the weight thats been added to my Jeep.
How do you like the Powerbrakes so far? I have started considering them or a similar set after I had to hit the brakes hard a couple of times this weekend while in traffic, they felt a little soft. I need to have them bled to see if that addresses it or if it is just the weight of the ACCCl bumper,s winch, etc.

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How do you like the Powerbrakes so far? I have started considering them or a similar set after I had to hit the brakes hard a couple of times this weekend while in traffic, they felt a little soft. I need to have them bled to see if that addresses it or if it is just the weight of the ACCCl bumper,s winch, etc.
I love them. They were honestly a huge difference, but I was never a fan of the stock brakes from the beginning. Not sure if something was wrong with my factory brakes, but yeah, they seemed soft and weird even in stock form.

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I really like everything about your build. Great choices.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I really like everything about your build. Great choices.
Thank you! I need to update this thread with the interior shots, been busy finding a new career though lol.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I love them. They were honestly a huge difference, but I was never a fan of the stock brakes from the beginning. Not sure if something was wrong with my factory brakes, but yeah, they seemed soft and weird even in stock form.
Great. Hopefully mine just need to be bled but I will likely need to replace them. I have seen other options that are a little less spendy but I like that they have such a good reputation and history.
Sponsored