First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
New shoes for the new JT are ready but the Gladiator has been sitting in the rail yard for three weeks waiting for a transport truck:LOL:

0AF99334-66FA-4BF6-BB49-6BF6DF5D419F.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
Removed Rockslide steps and front RoksBloks. Put the stock sliders back on. The LE is pretty stripped down now! New JT has been sitting at the Council Bluffs Rail Yard since the 27th of January. Hope it arrives next week!
Jeep Gladiator Glad Grandpa Firecracker Red LE Build 14C83C12-2E17-43AB-82D1-2B858719E0E5
Jeep Gladiator Glad Grandpa Firecracker Red LE Build 9234B492-8A0D-439A-ACAB-E764D6A86C5E

kndrewa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 XJ, 2015 A3
Clean and smart look to the LE even after you remove a few goodies. Love the new wheels, that silver will look nice on Hydro blue!

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
Clean and smart look to the LE even after you remove a few goodies. Love the new wheels, that silver will look nice on Hydro blue!
Thanks! I’ve really enjoyed building, driving and wheeling the LE! Whoever buys this from @spenchey at Motor Inn is going to get a great truck! Can’t wait for the new adventure!

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2003 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
I like where you are going with this. I do have a question about the mud flaps. I am in a holding pattern for my rock slides with Rock Slide Engineering since they just started building them and want rock chip protection for the door hinges and rear fenders. The doors look like they have good coverage but are the bottoms of the rear fenders going to be protected from rocks coming off of the front tires? I guess the best question is how far off the ground are the flaps?
Did you ever get the Rockblockz mud flaps and RSE step/sliders. I have the RSE step/sliders and am strongly leaning towards the RB XL original flaps. Did you get the thumb screws or the countersunk screws for the RB flaps?

Sponsored

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Jeep Gladiator Glad Grandpa Firecracker Red LE Build 9234B492-8A0D-439A-ACAB-E764D6A86C5E

Update -
Named him "Flamma" after the Roman Gladiator. Been busy building (very mild build compared to most) getting ready to take him out to Colorado for the All4Fun event in late July put on by the Mile High Jeep Club! I'm thoroughly enjoying this great truck! Previously owned a TJ and JK so the JT is a much improved ride! Hope you enjoy the step-by-step posts below! Look for pictures and maybe video from the week at All4Fun!

Modifications completed as of 22 July 2019:
Warn Winch Plate
SmittyBuilt X20 12,000 lb Winch
Tazer Mini
Rydonair Stubby Antenna
Barctact Tactical Front Seat Covers
Cascadia License Plate Bracket
CMM Side Mirrors with Ball Mount
ION 171 17" x 9" Polished Wheels
BFG K02 315 70R 17 Tires
Mountain Offroad Dead Pedal
Bestop Sunrider Top
RokBlokz Front Mudflaps
Mopar 2" Lift
Mopar All Weather Mats
Mopar Tube Doors
Mopar Cross Rails
Viair 440P Air Compressor
ARB BushRanger X-Jack
Warn Front Bumper Tube
Quatratec 550 Paracord Grab Handles
Custom Graphics from Total Motor Graphic Solutions
Ceramic Coating - AKS Mobile Detailing, Florida
Rockslide Engineering Power Steps
Alien Shade sun screen
Rain Cover (bought the JLU one and will modify)
AVS Bug Shield
Tubing inbetween fenders and body - recommended by Way of Life

Planned Modifications:
Decked System
TRE Safety Thimble
Ace Engineering Upper Decker

Starting my build......slowly cuz I'm Gladiator Grandpa (GLADGPA)......
How do the RB mud flaps fit with the RSE power steps. I assume you did not get the cut out on the RB flaps. Did you get the thumb screws or the counter sunk screws?

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
How do the RB mud flaps fit with the RSE power steps. I assume you did not get the cut out on the RB flaps. Did you get the thumb screws or the counter sunk screws?
They are great! Ended up getting the full set of XL Longs and had them on the LE. Then traded the LE for a Hydro-Blue Rubi. Thumb screws so I ca easily remove when wheeling!
Jeep Gladiator Glad Grandpa Firecracker Red LE Build 04019F50-3C18-464F-B466-BAEADFE8B81A
Jeep Gladiator Glad Grandpa Firecracker Red LE Build 2789C2BB-2F3A-4085-8BD5-8CE865ED441D
Jeep Gladiator Glad Grandpa Firecracker Red LE Build 3E9801A1-C8A9-40C7-9852-86AA846A48FE
Jeep Gladiator Glad Grandpa Firecracker Red LE Build 13EA5933-1F20-41BD-BF18-FD30095AD636

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
They are great! Ended up getting the full set of XL Longs and had them on the LE. Then traded the LE for a Hydro-Blue Rubi. Thumb screws so I ca easily remove when wheeling!
Jeep Gladiator Glad Grandpa Firecracker Red LE Build 13EA5933-1F20-41BD-BF18-FD30095AD636
Oh, and I did get the ones with the cutout incase I ever want to change or sell them. Just left the cutout in.

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Oh, and I did get the ones with the cutout incase I ever want to change or sell them. Just left the cutout in.
I guess the thumb screws work ok — they hold adequately and you can easily remove them? When you take the mud flaps off, do you put the thumb screws back into the fender liner so that the liner is secure?

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Also, I suppose the cutout you left in is not visible once you put them on? Sounds like a good idea if you ever sale them and That person needs the cut out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
I guess the thumb screws work ok — they hold adequately and you can easily remove them? When you take the mud flaps off, do you put the thumb screws back into the fender liner so that the liner is secure?
They are secure and I leave them out.

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
Also, I suppose the cutout you left in is not visible once you put them on? Sounds like a good idea if you ever sale them and That person needs the cut out.
Only see it if you are looking for it!!

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Only see it if you are looking for it!!
Pulled the trigger on the RB front mud flaps. Got both the thumb screws and the counter sunk screws. Just was not sure what I what I would like. As it turns out I think the thumb screws will work well, especially if I need to take the mud flaps off and put them back on Several times when Off road. Maybe I will decide to use the counter sunk screws when I am not wheeling. Easy install. By the way, I specified no cut outs but mine came with the scores cut out that had just not been punched out, which is fine. Maybe the only difference is that if the cut out is ordered RB just punches out the hole.

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
Pulled the trigger on the RB front mud flaps. Got both the thumb screws and the counter sunk screws. Just was not sure what I what I would like. As it turns out I think the thumb screws will work well, especially if I need to take the mud flaps off and put them back on Several times when Off road. Maybe I will decide to use the counter sunk screws when I am not wheeling. Easy install. By the way, I specified no cut outs but mine came with the scores cut out that had just not been punched out, which is fine. Maybe the only difference is that if the cut out is ordered RB just punches out the hole.
Nope, they come the same, you have to punch them out. Hope you enjoy them. I’ve been very happy with mine.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Pat2Alaska, did you need to create a new cutout for the shape of the RSE or were you able to install butted up against them? I order without cutout. Trying to install tomorrow. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored