GRANITE CRYSTAL JT Gladiator Club

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
What!! Oh man thats crazy. Whats a random GC LE doing at a dealership, for sale..?
Apparently someone already posted about it on the other granite thread I just so happened to see it today on Facebook
Sponsored

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Paige just told me my GCMJTLE is now in “D1”! Flipped my Gladiator hourglass over once again... and the countdown begins anew! :time::jk::rock:

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler unlimited
Do anyone has a GC overland with matching top or was able to place an order for one? If not, do anyone have any idea when the matching top problem will be solved?

DaytonOhioGladiator

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Tan seats with Granite Crystal Metallic paint? Do they “match”?

Help! I may have made a mistake. I’m a bit colorblind and ordered the tan seats originally because I liked having a lighter accent on the interior. Back when I ordered everyone said I should change it to all black interior, so I did and the dealer confirmed the change. NOW, my build finally showed up in the tracker and it looks like it may have the tan seats. I’m hoping that because most of the interior is black with just the seat fabric highlighted in tan it will tone it down.

Do you think I am screwed because it’s an obvious mismatch?? Damn colorblindness...

E371CA29-17D1-4ED0-B142-B284ACDD60B0.jpeg

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant

Help! I may have made a mistake. I’m a bit colorblind and ordered the tan seats originally because I liked having a lighter accent on the interior. Back when I ordered everyone said I should change it to all black interior, so I did and the dealer confirmed the change. NOW, my build finally showed up in the tracker and it looks like it may have the tan seats. I’m hoping that because most of the interior is black with just the seat fabric highlighted in tan it will tone it down.

Do you think I am screwed because it’s an obvious mismatch?? Damn colorblindness...

You'll be fine. I've seen granite crystal JLs with tan interior and Sting gray JLs and JTs with tan interior and both look fine IMO. Don't sweat it. Worst case scenario if you don't care for it is that you throw some seat covers or katzkin leather on.

Sponsored

MadManMoheenid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE & 1958 Chevy Apache
You'll be fine. I've seen granite crystal JLs with tan interior and Sting gray JLs and JTs with tan interior and both look fine IMO. Don't sweat it. Worst case scenario if you don't care for it is that you throw some seat covers or katzkin leather on.
I think that if you really wanted black you could find someone on the forum to swap colors with you. I've seen other threads of people swapping tan for black.

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI
My hope is fading a little. Kayakmike and WildJD moves to D1. I’m still in D. I may actually get #4190 at this rate. Stomp my feet, pouty face, arms folded. I wanna be in D1 status.

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
My hope is fading a little. Kayakmike and WildJD moves to D1. I’m still in D. I may actually get #4190 at this rate. Stomp my feet, pouty face, arms folded. I wanna be in D1 status.
Have some patience, we've waited this long, it won't be much longer!

OP
OP
Jeepznthingz

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM

I’d trade you my black leather seats for your tan seats, if they are leather.

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
Does the LE have the Hardtop Headliner?

Sponsored

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide

Haven’t read any other replies yet, but gotta say, tan upholstery is a matter of taste, not a mismatch! Traditionally, dark silver gray, is more compatible with multiple colors, than a specific primary color like red! There are many more silver gray Rolls Royces with tan interiors, than there are bright red Rolls Royces with tan interiors!
(I know, the red Glady with tan interior is all the rage... and bright red sports cars with tan interiors have always been a sort of “in your face, Fashionistas!” statement!) But, point is, nothing wrong with gray & tan! ;{

Plyable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator Rubicon
I've noticed a lot of doom and gloom in this thread, so I stopped lurking and created an account just to add my own timeline on my GCM order (which is now ready to ship).

Timeline (based on my outreach to FCA customer care, not on actual date of status code):
  • 6/6: ordered
  • 6/27: VIN assigned, D1 status
  • 7/31: JB status, Vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment.
  • 8/8: KZ status, Vehicle awaiting shipment, no ETA
  • 8/14: KZ status, Vehicle awaiting shipment, still no ETA

Configuration:
?temp_hash=4136220f0becd7e440d15d86e62db93e.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 3.01.28 PM.png

Last edited:

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
D1, D1, D1!!!
On Monday I put myself as D1 thinking we all went to D1 (since I don't want to bother the concierge line or my dealer daily). Tuesday I was disappointed yet again by the concierge line to find I was actually still in D.

This morning, like you, I FINALLY went D1 (per my dealer) with a estimated ship date of 9/6. Now, we all know from all the other build threads that those statuses and dates are meaningless until it shows up on the dealer lot. 2-3 weeks for transit to my dealer puts it end of Sept. Right now I'm guessing Oct 3, which would be 6 (long, agonizing) months after placing my order.

Still on the fence about switching to Silver, but my dealer is being a d**k about it now, so may stick it out with Granite regardless.

Personally I’ve been trying to keep build discussions on the Granite build thread, since this one is really for build photos and videos (which are lacking since Jeep can’t paint them).

Last edited:

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist