Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Entrepreneur
I am pleased to announce that the popular the SmartStopStart ESS memory module is now available for the Gladiator JT.

SmartStopStart retains factory operation of the ESS disable button, but allows the vehicle to remember your preference each time you start the Jeep, rather than always defaulting to ESS ON as it does from the factory.
The module installs easily under the dash, and does not disable the Security Gateway Module (SGW) nor does it take up the OBDII port. It also does not set off any fault lights, warning dings or fault codes.

It is available at https://www.smartstopstart.com/jeep-dodge-chrysler-products.html

There is also much discussion regarding this product in the Wrangler JL forum at https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/smartstopstart.115/
Sponsored

Last edited:

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
@SmartStopStart.com

I removed the Smart Stop Start form my 2018 JL I just sold, I am assuming it will work with the 2020 Gladiator I have ordered. It was about a year ago when I purchased the Smart Stop Start directly from your website.

OP
OP
SmartStopStart.com

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
@SmartStopStart.com

I removed the Smart Stop Start form my 2018 JL I just sold, I am assuming it will work with the 2020 Gladiator I have ordered. It was about a year ago when I purchased the Smart Stop Start directly from your website.
We did make a software update for the Gladiator, but the Wrangler version should work fine on 98+% of the Gladiators. If you have any issue let me know and we'll exchange it for the Gladiator version at no charge.

Sponsored

MACulberson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2018 Dodge Challenge Hellcat, 2016 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I put this in my Gladiator the week after I bought the truck. Thanks for a great product.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
We did make a software update for the Gladiator, but the Wrangler version should work fine on 98+% of the Gladiators. If you have any issue let me know and we'll exchange it for the Gladiator version at no charge.
The Smart Stop Start that I purchased for my early 2018 JL, works without any issues on my 2020 Rubicon Gladiator (auto trans). There is no need to exchange, but thanks again for the offer.

sbetts

First Name
SB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray Rubicon
This was literally the first item I purchased for our JT. Works FLAWLESSLY! Thank you! Also the customer service has been fantastic as well.

DMC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Where exactly does this plug in? I'm asking because I bought a Flashcal to recalibrate speedo and the module for the Flashcal stays plugged into the port above and behind the OBDII port. Do they compete for the same port and if so, how does this work?

sbetts

First Name
SB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray Rubicon
Where exactly does this plug in? I'm asking because I bought a Flashcal to recalibrate speedo and the module for the Flashcal stays plugged into the port above and behind the OBDII port. Do they compete for the same port and if so, how
Where exactly does this plug in? I'm asking because I bought a Flashcal to recalibrate speedo and the module for the Flashcal stays plugged into the port above and behind the OBDII port. Do they compete for the same port and if so, how does this work?
I would recommend going to the website and sending an email. I had some questions and he got back with me VERY quickly. I would rather you get the info 'straight from the horses mouth', I dont want to cause any confusion. Good luck!

Sponsored

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2016 Wrangler JK, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
I don’t think it should compete. You unplug the male/female from the Gladiator, then plug the new harness into each end adding the by-pass. I can take a picture if needed.

Here is a video I found on utube that explains the install and location. This should help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SmartStopStart.com

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
With a pure factory configuration it plugs into the Security Gateway Module (SGM). When you add the Flashcal, you essentially disconnect the SGM and plug in the Flashcal SGM bypass. Therefore with Flashcal installed, it plugs into the SGM bypass.

We have quite a few customers using it successfully with Flashcal.

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT