Sponsored

The SkyLux and Bantam tents are hardshell, side opening RTTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torro-Offroad

First Name
Torro Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torro-offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2
Hey Campers and Overlanders!

If you’re into sleeping under the stars or wherever you park frankly, you should checkout the SkyLux Rooftop Tent. It’s the perfect base camp or

Some key features:

Save over $1500 compared to the comparable iKamper model: The Annex Room, Awning, and Thermal Insulation are all included standard with the SkyLux Premium/Bantam RTT Series.

**The Full-Sized Annex room, with a zip on floor, will be sold separately STARTING APRIL 12th ($497)

- Free Freight Shipping to your door within the Contiguous 48 States (Alaska, Hawaii & Puerto Rico incur separate charges)

- The SkyLux RTT sleeps up to 4 people safely and comfortably, with its King Sized Mattress, it fits most larger vehicles, full-sized trucks, and SUVs.

- The SkyLux Bantam Series (exact same features as the SkyLux – just smaller) sleeps 2 people safely and comfortably. It’s perfect for the Short-bed Tacoma, Jeep Gladiator, and other mid-sized vehicles/sedans.

- Both tents are just 12.6 inches tall with an aerodynamic ABS Acrylic hard shell, saving you precious MPG.

Premium Features (Included Standard):

- Built-in, dimmable, LED lighting with independent dimmer switches so you control lighting inside & outside the RTT

- Upgraded heavy duty 8.5' Telescoping Ladder (SKYLUX only) (extends from 2ft -8.5ft tall); the ladder on the Bantam is 7.5'.

- The tent features a waterproof design with its 280 gsm canvas and heavy duty waterproof zippers that prevent water leaks at the seams (not offered in most other RTTs)

- Stainless Steel Locking hard shell latches and straps to help quickly close the hard shell.

Individual Tent specs:

SkyLux RTT (4 - Person) Dimensions:
Closed: 6'3" x 4'7"
Open: 6'3" x 7'3"
Weight: 150 lbs
8.5’ Ladder

SkyLux Bantam (2 - Person) Dimensions:
Closed: 4'10” x 4’
Open: 4'10" x 6'11"
Weight: 121 lbs
7.5’ Ladder

Visit the website for more information and to order: https://torro-offroad.com/products/skylux-rooftop-tent

Post your questions and comments in this thread, or email [email protected] as well.

Cheers!
The Torro Team

49617233218_82849d45c9_b.jpg

IMG_6608_7cb91ce9-2778-4e41-a467-bfed1b8b102a_1024x1024@2x.jpg

IMG_6809_f1516413-1b11-4070-97d8-755b1cd08e4b_1024x1024@2x.jpg
Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
I keep going back to the Bantam because it would fit real nicely on the bed of the Gladiator...but it's just a little too small. I'll probably end up getting it...in the next few weeks.

OP
OP
Torro-Offroad

Torro-Offroad

First Name
Torro Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torro-offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2
I keep going back to the Bantam because it would fit real nicely on the bed of the Gladiator...but it's just a little too small. I'll probably end up getting it...in the next few weeks.
Feel free to call Corey at 866-436-8796 with any questions you have before pulling the trigger.

OP
OP
Torro-Offroad

Torro-Offroad

First Name
Torro Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torro-offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2
Any kind of site discount? lol
So discounts don't last forever lol. We do, however, have a flexible payment options.

1) Affirm - Financing (Buy now, pay later)
2) Partial.ly - 50% Deposit and balance is only due when your tent is ready to ship.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Torro-Offroad
I was looking at your site's RTT and specs, not really in market for one now. They look really good especially do yo what is included with it. Seeing the sticker price it looked high until accounting the rest of the package includes insulation and rest. So I will add your RTTs to top choices if I decide on getting one. I'm currently a hammock, tentcot, ground tent user and owner of a Scanp T.T. If so it will be a bantam RTT. But would open up more last minute road trips get away opportunity's and short trips with boat too.
If Ursla Minor would have had one of their RTTs in the works I'd got a softop not a hard top and had ordered one.

OP
OP
Torro-Offroad

Torro-Offroad

First Name
Torro Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torro-offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2
Torro-Offroad
I was looking at your site's RTT and specs, not really in market for one now. They look really good especially do yo what is included with it. Seeing the sticker price it looked high until accounting the rest of the package includes insulation and rest. So I will add your RTTs to top choices if I decide on getting one. I'm currently a hammock, tentcot, ground tent user and owner of a Scanp T.T. If so it will be a bantam RTT. But would open up more last minute road trips get away opportunity's and short trips with boat too.
If Ursla Minor would have had one of their RTTs in the works I'd got a softop not a hard top and had ordered one.
The latest batch of tents have some nice new upgrades, including locking latches and a textured hard top.

jsyn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Currently preparing to purchase a 4-person hard top RTT for me, wife, and toddler.

A couple questions, if I may. None are deal breakers, but the answers are needed to make an educated decision.
  1. You mention a textured hard top. Is it textured or Rhino Line'd? iKamper's textured hard top costs more because it's their regular top with a strong rhino liner coating
  2. What's the height inside when open? (I realize it's a trapezoid, so feel free to use the highest height, average height, or whatever, just please let us know which number it is you're quoting, thanks!)
  3. Does the tent itself unzip from the enclosure so you can replace it if damaged?
  4. Have you thought of offering a mesh tent replacement like iKamper does, for those of us camping in locations with 90F+ degree weather in the middle of the night? A good cross-breeze only helps so much in death valley when the breeze itself is 115F.
  5. Do you have a video of someone opening and then closing a Skylux RTT? For example, the difference is surprisingly large between Skycamp and a Condor XL., especially when closing, so it would be helpful to see where the Skylux falls within that spectrum.
  6. What's the roof window situation? For example, Skycamp has 1, while Condor XL has 2 for better star/sky viewing from inside.
  7. Do you have video of someone setting up the Annex room? The Awning? Do they absolutely need and depend on those tie-downs, or can those be skipped if it's not windy?
  8. Do you have an easy way to lock the tent to your rack so it's not stolen? (Other than, of course, the ridiculous weight and size that really ought to stop anyone from doing so.)
Thanks so much. And by the way, the ability to potentially not have to hide in the car every time wind gusts hit 50mph is a huge plus here in Las Vegas. That's what we get randomly on our normal days, not our windy ones!

matter76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Gator Green, 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Hey Campers and Overlanders!

If you’re into sleeping under the stars or wherever you park frankly, you should checkout the SkyLux Rooftop Tent. It’s the perfect base camp or

Some key features:

Save over $1500 compared to the comparable iKamper model: The Annex Room, Awning, and Thermal Insulation are all included standard with the SkyLux Premium/Bantam RTT Series.

**The Full-Sized Annex room, with a zip on floor, will be sold separately STARTING APRIL 12th ($497)

- Free Freight Shipping to your door within the Contiguous 48 States (Alaska, Hawaii & Puerto Rico incur separate charges)

- The SkyLux RTT sleeps up to 4 people safely and comfortably, with its King Sized Mattress, it fits most larger vehicles, full-sized trucks, and SUVs.

- The SkyLux Bantam Series (exact same features as the SkyLux – just smaller) sleeps 2 people safely and comfortably. It’s perfect for the Short-bed Tacoma, Jeep Gladiator, and other mid-sized vehicles/sedans.

- Both tents are just 12.6 inches tall with an aerodynamic ABS Acrylic hard shell, saving you precious MPG.

Premium Features (Included Standard):

- Built-in, dimmable, LED lighting with independent dimmer switches so you control lighting inside & outside the RTT

- Upgraded heavy duty 8.5' Telescoping Ladder (SKYLUX only) (extends from 2ft -8.5ft tall); the ladder on the Bantam is 7.5'.

- The tent features a waterproof design with its 280 gsm canvas and heavy duty waterproof zippers that prevent water leaks at the seams (not offered in most other RTTs)

- Stainless Steel Locking hard shell latches and straps to help quickly close the hard shell.

Individual Tent specs:

SkyLux RTT (4 - Person) Dimensions:

Closed: 6'3" x 4'7"
Open: 6'3" x 7'3"
Weight: 150 lbs
8.5’ Ladder

SkyLux Bantam (2 - Person) Dimensions:
Closed: 4'10” x 4’
Open: 4'10" x 6'11"
Weight: 121 lbs
7.5’ Ladder

Visit the website for more information and to order: https://torro-offroad.com/products/skylux-rooftop-tent

Post your questions and comments in this thread, or email [email protected] as well.

Cheers!
The Torro Team

Jeep Gladiator The SkyLux and Bantam tents are hardshell, side opening RTTs. IMG_6809_f1516413-1b11-4070-97d8-755b1cd08e4b_1024x1024@2x

Jeep Gladiator The SkyLux and Bantam tents are hardshell, side opening RTTs. IMG_6809_f1516413-1b11-4070-97d8-755b1cd08e4b_1024x1024@2x

So did the dimensions of the 4 person change? Your site lists it at 7'4'' when closed, not the 6'3'' here. 6 would be perfect for a half bed rack to avoid overhang.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
We have a SkyLux on order.
Now if Dissent can get these into production, I will be going with one utilizing only the two rear-most roof x-members for the overhang. That way we can still remove the front Freedom Panels. Plus with theirs being aluminum, it is a huge weight savings.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/bed-rack-that-works-with-tonneau-cover.14240/page-3
@Br4hm4 if you look at what is included in the purchase from Torro, they really are already discounted. It's like buying the next model up because it's cheaper than buying a base model and adding options.
I found this very interesting, the excitement that he shows to the model is undeniable. Anybody who shows that kind of enthusiasm about their product speaks volumes. The price was the leading factor but this video added confidence.

In the words accredited to C.S.Lewis 'Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.'

Sponsored

matter76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Gator Green, 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
We have a SkyLux on order.
Now if Dissent can get these into production, I will be going with one utilizing only the two rear-most roof x-members for the overhang. That way we can still remove the front Freedom Panels. Plus with theirs being aluminum, it is a huge weight savings.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/bed-rack-that-works-with-tonneau-cover.14240/page-3
@Br4hm4 if you look at what is included in the purchase from Torro, they really are already discounted. It's like buying the next model up because it's cheaper than buying a base model and adding options.
I found this very interesting, the excitement that he shows to the model is undeniable. Anybody who shows that kind of enthusiasm about their product speaks volumes. The price was the leading factor but this video added confidence.

In the words accredited to C.S.Lewis 'Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.'
You went with the 4 person then? I'm really avoiding any full height rack to keep the tent as low as possible. I'd probably spring for the 4 person even though I don't need the space right now if it was 6'3'' and not 7'4''.

OP
OP
Torro-Offroad

Torro-Offroad

First Name
Torro Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torro-offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2
You went with the 4 person then? I'm really avoiding any full height rack to keep the tent as low as possible. I'd probably spring for the 4 person even though I don't need the space right now if it was 6'3'' and not 7'4''.
We reviewed the page you referred to and there was a typo added when it was relaunched. The 7'4" sizing is the 4 person tent fully opened (not closed). Apologies for the confusion added.

Please feel free to reach out directly if you have any questions: 1-888-585-1245

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
@matter76
Yes, myself, my wife and our daughter so we went to the 4 person with the annex. By putting on a full height rack instead of a half height it also makes the annex that much nicer to be able to stand under.

msfitone

First Name
Tonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR LE edition
Occupation
Adventure Seeker
I just received my Torro Bantam RTT ( I really like thier set up and quality looks good)and plan to use Thule Xsporter Pro from my 2003 Toyota Tundra. to attach as I followed a few threads Now, I just need to find my JT!! Still searching for my new ride

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
I just received my Torro Bantam RTT ( I really like thier set up and quality looks good)and plan to use Thule Xsporter Pro from my 2003 Toyota Tundra. to attach as I followed a few threads Now, I just need to find my JT!! Still searching for my new ride
Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to actually receive your RTT from Torro? I keep hearing that they are awesome ONCE they come in.......
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.