Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I thought we were getting along, just some humor about the differences in emphasis of the various JT's. As Bill Murray said to the Groundhog: "it's not personal, it's just a game."

Jeep®“Groundhog Day” Bushy-Tailed Buddy_Moment3.jpg

JWest

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, JLUR Bikini Pearl, JLUR Granite Crystal, JKU Golden Eagle
Found a new Easter Egg today. At least it’s new to me. A Willys Jeep appeared when the Active Cruise control detectEd a vehicle within the set range. It’s probably always been there but I noticed it today for the first time.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Easter Egg? E426FA97-FB4F-4ECC-B372-B8525D284EAA

Last edited:

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
.... and the Rubicon wishes it could tow as much as the Sport S Max Tow. :)
Of course a Rubicon can tow as much as a Max Tow. You think the Rubicon will refuse to go in drive or something?? A ghost sensor will shut off the engine?? Those numbers are suggestions. Hook it up and drive. I have never seen so many nannies worried about going over tow number than on this site. It’s a damn truck. Treat it like one.

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Of course a Rubicon can tow as much as a Max Tow. You think the Rubicon will refuse to go in drive or something?? A ghost sensor will shut off the engine?? Those numbers are suggestions. Hook it up and drive. I have never seen so many nannies worried about going over tow number than on this site. It’s a damn truck. Treat it like one.
it’s a truck so treat it like one... ok. old dude has a s10 hook it up and start towing that boat... it’s a truck man treat it like one. All those ratings mean nothing. All those specific parts don’t mean anything. While you’re at it slap some mud flaps on that bad boy and hit the woods. It’s a truck treat it like one.

Bahahaha :like:

Sponsored

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
it’s a truck so treat it like one... ok. old dude has a s10 hook it up and start towing that boat... it’s a truck man treat it like one. All those ratings mean nothing. All those specific parts don’t mean anything. While you’re at it slap some mud flaps on that bad boy and hit the woods. It’s a truck treat it like one.

Bahahaha :like:
Used to have a GMC Sonoma (S10 equivalent) that I towed a bass boat, 2 horse trailer, and loaded tobacco frames for 6 years. Don’t really get your point. S10 is a very capable truck also.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
But can it? Ratings are there for a reason dude. Can they go over their ratings? Yup. Is it suggested? Nope. You seem really triggered when the topic of tow rating comes up. Sure all models will do just fine for most of our daily needs. I bet when tested to the limits, the max tow beats the rubi. Why would they even bother saying the max tow can pull more if it wasn’t true? Theres no motive there. I’d be willing to bet they’d prefer everyone buy rubis.
While I get what your saying, I don’t think it warrants calling people “nannies” for talking about tow rating. If it triggers ya, just don’t post.

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
But can it? Ratings are there for a reason dude. Can they go over their ratings? Yup. Is it suggested? Nope. You seem really triggered when the topic of tow rating comes up. Sure all models will do just fine for most of our daily needs. I bet when tested to the limits, the max tow beats the rubi. Why would they even bother saying the max tow can pull more if it wasn’t true? Theres no motive there. I’d be willing to bet they’d prefer everyone buy rubis.
While I get what your saying, I don’t think it warrants calling people “nannies” for talking about tow rating. If it triggers ya, just don’t post.
It doesn’t trigger me. It’s just funny to watch a bunch of Jeep guys thinking they are now truck guys. If you honestly think there is a 500 lb difference between the Rubicon and Max Tow, I’ve got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn’t trigger me. It’s just funny to watch a bunch of Jeep guys thinking they are now truck guys. If you honestly think there is a 500 lb difference between the Rubicon and Max Tow, I’ve got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.
I've always been a truck guy, and this is my first Jeep...And it's also a truck... Therefore it's going to get treated like all my 4x4 trucks. So, I agree with you. I also find it pretty funny people pulling out the tape measures over 500 lbs. of towing capacity. If someone thinks that both models can't handle 7,600 lbs towing capacity, when they both have the SAME engine, SAME transmission, SAME axles, SAME gear ratios, same HD engine cooling added at the factory, and SAME body & frame...Then they're a lost cause.

Also, based on my personal experiences, (while putting on my nomex turnouts) I'd venture to say the Rubicon axles with the lockers are actually stronger because of the lockers, than the standard open or LSD carriers that are in the Max Tow... ;)

And I still have my Ram 2500 Cummins, so if I need to tow something heavier than a bass boat or small lawn trailer, then I'll hop in the Dodge and rip the asphalt off the road (it's FAR from stock).

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
So your saying there is no difference between max tow and a rubi? Got it. Could you just write the Jeep manufacturer and let them know pls. I came from a Ram 1500 and before that an f150. This is my first Jeep. That doesn’t mean I can’t be mindful of the towing capacity. I just think that’s being a responsible vehicle owner. At best, something could break, at worst someone could get hurt.
But to be frank, I really just don’t like your demeaning attitude. I’m sure you don’t care, ya da ya da, but I don’t believe it’s constructive or necessary to call people names or say Jeep people don’t “know” trucks. A lot of us are truck people that came over to Jeep when they released the gladiator.

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So your saying there is no difference between max tow and a rubi? Got it. Could you just write the Jeep manufacturer and let them know pls. I came from a Ram 1500 and before that an f150. This is my first Jeep. That doesn’t mean I can’t be mindful of the towing capacity. I just think that’s being a responsible vehicle owner. At best, something could break, at worst someone could get hurt.
But to be frank, I really just don’t like your demeaning attitude. I’m sure you don’t care, ya da ya da, but I don’t believe it’s constructive or necessary to call people names or say Jeep people don’t “know” trucks. A lot of us are truck people that came over to Jeep when they released the gladiator.
I’m sorry that I hurt your feelings. Lol. Not really. But you are right that the Rubi and Max Tow are different. But when it comes down to the nuts and bolts, I don’t believe there is a 500 lb difference in towing ability. Hence why I got a Rubi over a Max Tow. Chrysler/Dodge have been making trucks for years and I believe they made this more truck than Jeep.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Give me a few more beers and I might get banned. Lol
Been there, done that......SEVERAL times. Mostly sober. Then again, I'm just an a$$hole. :CWL:
Sponsored