First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Good video and content. Much better than the videos where some guy is using his half naked girlfriend to get ratings and say nothing.
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
More neat engineering, that front skid plate isn't just substantial itself, it's supported by some really strong boxed and reinforced supports directly off the frame.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
More neat engineering, that front skid plate isn't just substantial itself, it's supported by some really strong boxed and reinforced supports directly off the frame.
If you are talking about the front frame 'tusks', I think that was the introduced on the JL, and just carried over to the JT. They are extremely substantial!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Correct, almost everything apart from the truck bed is the same on the JL.

Maximus Meridius

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S , 2018 Jeep Compass, 2016 WRX
The video was ok.
If you were already a Jeep person you would already know about 9/10 of this stuff as it has been on the JK’s since their inception except for stop/start. The manual explains all that including the 2 batteries. But, hey the guy tried to inform the people that just impulsively buy and drive and then complain about the way something acts because their car or their concept of it, and how it should work differs from how things are or do.
My biggest problem with the engineer is “ what the hell are the relays just laying in the bottom of the battery box for and why aren’t they up and secured”?
Great attention to detail.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brfertig [HACKED ACCOUNT]
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Good video and content. Much better than the videos where some guy is using his half naked girlfriend to get ratings and say nothing.
I tend to be a detail oriented person, I am more into how things work than just views. My latest videos are getting more into how stuff works. I also have some great tools that just came in and Tool Talk is really my idea of great content. Glad you like the videos. I try to stay away from negative people and controversy.

GWCON2006

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP Gladiator Overland, 2017 FORD F450 KR, 2019 Roush Mustang
Occupation
Building Contractor
Vehicle Showcase
I made a video, for fun, that covers some things I discovered on our trucks. Coming from 3 Wranglers and 2 of them being rubicons, I feel Jeep overengineered the truck. What things have you found?

I made a video, for fun, that covers some things I discovered on our trucks. Coming from 3 Wranglers and 2 of them being rubicons, I feel Jeep overengineered the truck. What things have you found?

Great information. Thanks for sharing.

Chris Blake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR LE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Plumber, Daytrader

Nice video, I just bought a JTR, my first Jeep and have a lot a catching up to do. Keep them coming.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
More good little engineering details...

The wire harness to the doors now has a locking lever that also has a push-out function. So you no longer have to fight and pull against the connector. On my JKUR I had one that broke off the mount because it was so tight.

There's a specific place to attach a winch battery cable, and there's a dedicated wire holder for it.

There's an easily removable grommet near the brake master cylinder so you can pass wires between the cabin and the outside.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brfertig [HACKED ACCOUNT]
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
More good little engineering details...

The wire harness to the doors now has a locking lever that also has a push-out function. So you no longer have to fight and pull against the connector. On my JKUR I had one that broke off the mount because it was so tight.

There's a specific place to attach a winch battery cable, and there's a dedicated wire holder for it.

There's an easily removable grommet near the brake master cylinder so you can pass wires between the cabin and the outside.
Nice

I found a couple more I forgot to mention in the video. The recess covers for the hard top as well as the internal door straps to hold the door in position.

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
Nice

I found a couple more I forgot to mention in the video. The recess covers for the hard top as well as the internal door straps to hold the door in position.
Good info...thanks for your research. Re. the talking head...in my opinion, more info is better...less info gets me to the point where I start making mistakes.
Sponsored