Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 TJ, 2017 Honda CRF250L
Occupation
Automotive Product Quality Engineer
@DeezJT
Thanks for the kind words about the videos. I enjoy making them, but it takes a significant amount of time to do it. Every installation takes double the needed time, and then you still have edit down the video. So when somebody says the video helped them, it's really appreciated.

Over in the Recalls forum, there is a thread about the Improved Steering Feel TSB. The way it's written, it just says if the customer complains about loose steering and/or wondering, then replace the gear box and the bolts, and there's a software update. When I took mine in, the dealer never even took it into the shop. Said they knew about the problem and would get parts order. (though I'm on a 2 month wait). Which was a relief. I actually waited an additional week before installing the lift so that I could take the Jeep to the dealer while it was still bone stock, just to make sure they didn't blame the wondering on the lift. Others have said the dealer wanted to verify the complaint before doing any work.

With that said, if you don't have any looseness or wondering, I'm not sure it's worth the hassle, or that you'd see any improvement. And there's always the risk that they make things worse somehow.
Sponsored

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Thanks for the info @Scruf. I really am liking this kit.
1. Fits the bill
2. Has all the necessary components minus a few Pocket friendly tidbits (bumpstops)
3. ability to upgrade in the future.

One of my end goals is that the Jeep has to fit in my garage. This 2” complete coil lift is a top contender on my list.

I’m purchasing my wheels early as next week, but my lift will have to wait. I’m planning a December install after my wife gives birth since I’ll be taking that month off on one of my jobs. She’s already struggling getting into my jeep and the sliders I want is not yet released (Roam or White Knuckle Offroad).

OP
OP
Scruf

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Last ? @Scruf. I’m not sure if I asked before but how long did it take to receive the lift once ordered?
That's a good question. After a week of it not shipping, I called and they said they were waiting on a shipment of coil spring isolators... but then the lift shipped out the next day, haha.

It arrived with everything except the track bar brace... but no note about why it was missing. I ended up having to call them 3 different times to get the track bar brace shipped. At first it was back ordered while they waited on a production run to come back from powder coating. And then I think they had some internal confusion on getting it shipped. It seemed like once their system showed my order as complete and shipped, they didn't have a good way to keep up with a single component that was back ordered. (just my guess).

From talking to them, I think they are absolutely swamped with orders right now and maybe they aren't the best at communication. Lady that answers the phone was saying that for stuff like bumpers, the entire production run would be sold out even before powder coating was done.

So while I was a little frustrated having to keep calling, I will say that all of the items were very well made. And they make most things in house there in Alabama. So if you want to buy American made product, sometimes you gotta be a little patient.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
@Scruf I waited about a month in my previous Rock Krawler lift for my previous Jeep, and also a month for a RubiconExpress lift for another.

Thanks... it gives me a guesstimate on when to order so I can prepare for an install on December. I’ll probably order my lift next month to prepare. My wife is just telling me that the garage is full of Jeep parts that are not even installed... PS Bumper, Warn Zeon 10s, Rigid Lights, etc...and soon to be wheels which will take up even more space.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scruf

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@Scruf what is the height from ground to highest point on the roof with your current setup?
Edited for anyone who reads this in the future. Rear of the hardtop is 75 3/8".

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scruf

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’m at 72.5” at the highest point of the rear roof (hardtop). Currently all stock with max tow package.
I measured right at the windshield, but now that you mention it, obviously the rear of the hardtop should be higher. I'll take another measurement tomorrow.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I’m trying to stay under 80” due to my garage. My end goal is 37’s.

With 5" difference in tire size means your at 75" before the lift. Rustys measures from the front so their 4" lift should only get you to about 78ish close to level. As long as your garage door is a true 80" opening your going to have a little breathing room still.

Fdisker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 1 1/2 inch Rustys on my rear and RC 2.5 on front and i have no issues yet rides good

OP
OP
Scruf

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’m at 72.5” at the highest point of the rear roof (hardtop). Currently all stock with max tow package.
Ok, took a better measurement this evening. At the rear of the hardtop it is 75 3/8".

So if you need to stay under 80", I think it will be close, but doable. Can't wait to see how it looks!

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Thanks @Scruf. Give us an update of the first 500 miles or so.
Did the springs settle in?
Did ride quality change when u have full passengers/load?
Any additional comments would help.

your doing a great job giving fellow JT members feedback on Rustys.

GladiatorCruzen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Elevator Superintendent
Great thread and I will be following.
Sponsored