Sponsored

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Mopar Announces New Doors-off Mirror Kit for Jeep® Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator

October 30, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Mopar is introducing a new, factory-backed, doors-off mirror kit for Jeep® owners looking to safely enjoy the ultimate open-air driving experience in their Jeep Wrangler or Jeep Gladiator.

When original, factory-installed front doors with attached mirrors are removed, two separately mounted side mirrors may be quickly and easily installed for an enhanced rear view.

“Mopar offers more than 500 quality-tested, factory-backed performance parts and accessories across the entire Jeep lineup,” said Mark Bosanac, Head of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care, FCA – North America. “With our new doors-off mirror kit, Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator owners will enjoy an improved range of vision during their open-air adventures.”

Unlike other aftermarket offerings, Mopar’s doors-off mirrors are specifically engineered and tested to original-equipment standards, providing a production-equivalent field of view with minimal vibration. Each mirror in the kit attaches to a cowl-end cap bolt and the upper door hinge. In addition, an innovative, custom thumb wheel-nut-clamp is used as an attachment point to the door flange.

Mounting brackets are finished with an anti-corrosion undercoat and durable black powder-coat finish. Mirrors include a built-in break-away feature that prevents damage while in tight spaces on the road or trail.

Installation is simple with the use of a T40 bit wrench, which is in the standard tool kit found in all new Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator models. No special tools are required.

Available for purchase as a stand-alone part in the U.S. and Canada, the new Mopar Doors-off Mirror Kit (Part # 82215331AB) has a U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $295. The kit is available for current-generation (2018-current) Jeep Wrangler and (2020-current) Jeep Gladiator models.

The standard Mopar factory-backed warranty coverage for the mirror kit and bracket includes two years/unlimited miles from date of purchase or up to the remainder of the new-vehicle’s warranty of three years/36,000 miles.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Releases New Doors-off Mirror Kit for Jeep Gladiator opar-doors-off-mirror-kit-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
First world problem here but I really wish they'd incorporate a wiring harness to allow things like Blind Spot Monitoring to continue to work. If Jeep doesn't move the mirrors from the doors to the body on next generation vehicles they are dropping the ball.

OP
OP
Horde

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
First world problem here but I really wish they'd incorporate a wiring harness to allow things like Blind Spot Monitoring to continue to work. If Jeep doesn't move the mirrors from the doors to the body on next generation vehicles they are dropping the ball.
You are right! That would have made a lot of sense.

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Will these be compatible with factory half doors, or will they require a different setup?

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I agree with you, but every time I hear the word blind spot, I'm brought back 20 years to high school. Hottest chick in the school got a convertable for her birthday. First day driving it to school, she backed in to the side of a parked school bus that was sitting a good 25' behind her.

I'll never forget her bawling in the lot, telling her dad it was in her blindspot, and his response, "I can totally get that, it's only 40' long and bright fucking yellow" :CWL:

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Will these be compatible with factory half doors, or will they require a different setup?
I haven't personally seen the mopar half doors they are coming out with for the JL but I would be very surprised if those half doors didn't have a mirror or mirror mount built into them.

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
I agree with you, but every time I hear the word blind spot, I'm brought back 20 years to high school. Hottest chick in the school got a convertable for her birthday. First day driving it to school, she backed in to the side of a parked school bus that was sitting a good 25' behind her.

I'll never forget her bawling in the lot, telling her dad it was in her blindspot, and his response, "I can totally get that, it's only 40' long and bright fucking yellow" :CWL:
HA HA! THAT ^ is some funny sheit right there!

Trooper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Lean Leader
You are right! That would have made a lot of sense.
Especially since they have now seen it as standard design on the "competition".

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
These won't work for tube doors or Bestop's two piece fabric doors...like the other posts, there needs to be a body mounted option...the JK had it, odd that nobody has figured it out yet.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
These won't work for tube doors or Bestop's two piece fabric doors...like the other posts, there needs to be a body mounted option...the JK had it, odd that nobody has figured it out yet.
Number of mirror sets needed for Full Door, Half Door, Tube Door, No Door Configurations:

Ford Bronco: 1
Jeep JL/JT: 4

Let alone only 1 of the 4 sets needed on the Jeep have full functionality of retaining power and safety features.

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
Why in the hell didnt they just move the mirror forward on that bracket? I mean if that bracket isn't strong enough, reinforce it.