Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar Announces New Doors-off Mirror Kit for Jeep® Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator

October 30, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Mopar is introducing a new, factory-backed, doors-off mirror kit for Jeep® owners looking to safely enjoy the ultimate open-air driving experience in their Jeep Wrangler or Jeep Gladiator.

When original, factory-installed front doors with attached mirrors are removed, two separately mounted side mirrors may be quickly and easily installed for an enhanced rear view.

“Mopar offers more than 500 quality-tested, factory-backed performance parts and accessories across the entire Jeep lineup,” said Mark Bosanac, Head of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care, FCA – North America. “With our new doors-off mirror kit, Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator owners will enjoy an improved range of vision during their open-air adventures.”

Unlike other aftermarket offerings, Mopar’s doors-off mirrors are specifically engineered and tested to original-equipment standards, providing a production-equivalent field of view with minimal vibration. Each mirror in the kit attaches to a cowl-end cap bolt and the upper door hinge. In addition, an innovative, custom thumb wheel-nut-clamp is used as an attachment point to the door flange.

Mounting brackets are finished with an anti-corrosion undercoat and durable black powder-coat finish. Mirrors include a built-in break-away feature that prevents damage while in tight spaces on the road or trail.

Installation is simple with the use of a T40 bit wrench, which is in the standard tool kit found in all new Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator models. No special tools are required.

Available for purchase as a stand-alone part in the U.S. and Canada, the new Mopar Doors-off Mirror Kit (Part # 82215331AB) has a U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $295. The kit is available for current-generation (2018-current) Jeep Wrangler and (2020-current) Jeep Gladiator models.

The standard Mopar factory-backed warranty coverage for the mirror kit and bracket includes two years/unlimited miles from date of purchase or up to the remainder of the new-vehicle’s warranty of three years/36,000 miles.

opar-doors-off-mirror-kit-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-jpg.jpg
I am reminded of a line from the movie Gumball Rally where the great Raul Julia says "In italian Race Car Driving, What's behind is not important"....... Well, when the doors are off and you're in the dirt, what's behind is eating dust, so they aren't important either.

Sponsored

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
I will stick with my Kikbax for 1/3 the price and provide a foot peg.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
So I'm guessing these will fit the JT w/o any mods?
yup. They just bolt right on. I do need to do a little adjusting so they latch properly. That's it.

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Systems Engineering
I needed a set of mirror immediately, so I purchased these from a local Jeep dealer which had them in stock. They attach to the A-Pillar and with the top door hinge (preventing any normal door from being installed at the same time, but also allowing third party foot pegs which use the lower door hinge to be installed without any problem).

Sturdy. Looks and feels factory. Actually, they give just a little bit MORE view than stock mirrors. I found it a tiny bit claustrophobic going from these mirrors back to stock factory mirrors with the doors on.

Expensive, but high quality and includes the mirrors themselves (so you're not taking yours off and on your door and potentially ruining things). Not the best kit for all situations, but does a great job for the situation it is made for (no factory/half/full/tube doors installed, not wanting to risk adapting your existing mirror).

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
https://www.amazon.com/Coyote-Wrangler-Gladiator-Removal-Replacement/dp/B085Z3699Z/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3LRCI4TPBVHRO&keywords=lange+coyote+mirrors+18-21+jeep+wrangler+jl&qid=1637947772&sprefix=jeep+coyote,aps,180&sr=8-3

Lange Originals Coyote Mirrors - You may be able to get them on some of our sponsor sites for black Friday discounts. - $150 is normal.

Those are what I got after my first set of failed cheapo mirrors. These things have been rock solid up to 75mph. I just installed them onto the the cowling and have left the bases there. I just install the mirror stems with a screw each when I take my doors off, super easy and quick. They are convex so may look a little weird when you first get them on but you should get used to them quickly. I'd buy these again over the Mopar$ any day.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Looks like the Lange coyote is the only decent mirror option to run with soft doors on. Damn shame after multiple years jeep or others have not come up with a better mirror solution for those who run doors off, soft doors or tube doors. I have Jpeggs and love them but they won't work if I use a soft door or other

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Looks like the Lange coyote is the only decent mirror option to run with soft doors on. Damn shame after multiple years jeep or others have not come up with a better mirror solution for those who run doors off, soft doors or tube doors. I have Jpeggs and love them but they won't work if I use a soft door or other
Luckily enough the Lange Coyotes are really awesome. Have them and won't go with anything else. I'm bringing them with me to my JRL and will recommend my brother put them on his JT (that he's getting from me).

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Luckily enough the Lange Coyotes are really awesome. Have them and won't go with anything else. I'm bringing them with me to my JRL and will recommend my brother put them on his JT (that he's getting from me).
Yea I am about to put my jpeggs up for sale and buying a pair of the Lange Coyotes.

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
lol I ordered the Doors off mirror kit from factory without looking into it. I just assumed it relocated mirrors forward to the side of the fender cowl. I opened the box and was like "what the hell is this".

:angry:

Then I realize MOPAR wants you to remove the doors and install this complicated mirror door mount to the door hinge every time you take your doors off. Quite a bit of hassle.
Sponsored