First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
G2 High Temperature Brake Caliper Paint. Did all 4 corners. Take a picture of front/back beforehand to see what is visible and needs paint. VERY time consuming to do a good job but happy with the results and color matches accents well (have done a few vehicles over the years and always forget how much work it is to prep and paint them well). One kit is enough to do the visible parts, would prob need two to do entire calipers and brackets.

unnamed.jpg
Nice.
Did you remove the calipers to clean and paint or just tape off the pieces you did not want painted?
Sponsored

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
G2 High Temperature Brake Caliper Paint. Did all 4 corners. Take a picture of front/back beforehand to see what is visible and needs paint. VERY time consuming to do a good job but happy with the results and color matches accents well (have done a few vehicles over the years and always forget how much work it is to prep and paint them well). One kit is enough to do the visible parts, would prob need two to do entire calipers and brackets.

unnamed.jpg
You're making me feel like a lazy bum for not doing that but that does look like a loooot of work. Awesome, but a lot of work!

MHayes

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 1952 VW Beetle 11G

unnamed.jpg
Any pictures with the wheels on after painting?

GSD Guy

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Nice.
Did you remove the calipers to clean and paint or just tape off the pieces you did not want painted?
Yes, did the whole dog and pony show haha. Took the calipers off and hung them in the wheel well (don't disconnect the brake lines) and pull the caliper brackets off and paint them on the bench. I'm not gonna be happy if I sink time into them and they start peeling or look bad in two years so I might as well do it right haha. In total was prob about 12 hours start to finish.

Sponsored

GSD Guy

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
You're making me feel like a lazy bum for not doing that but that does look like a loooot of work. Awesome, but a lot of work!
I don't blame you, was prob about 12 hours total and when I got done I stood back and asked myself if it was reeeaaallllyyyy worth it haha (not to mention my lower back said hell no). It's like a hangover though, after a while you forget how bad it was.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Cool thread...I have a bit of orange on the RokBlokz flaps and bit on a window sticker...

Flap Pic 1 - Copy.jpg

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Love this thread. Even with a Sport S, I'm thinking of adding an orange accent theme like the Mojave. I posted in the decal thread I'm thinking of the following hood decal to embrace the "Gator" theme of my JT (quick PS job - not my truck):

Jeep Gladiator Mojave orange mods gator_letter1

Devil Dog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave, 2023 Rubicon 392

Sponsored

Devil Dog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool thread...I have a bit of orange on the RokBlokz flaps and bit on a window sticker...

Jeep Gladiator Mojave orange mods gator_letter1
Looks sweet. I'm gonna order some rock blox this weekend. I'm thinking the xl/regular length. Is that what you have? How do they work so far?

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Looks sweet. I'm gonna order some rock blox this weekend. I'm thinking the xl/regular length. Is that what you have? How do they work so far?
I have the "Original XL" and am VERY pleased with them. I was pretty much anti-flap before this but couldn't stand the amount of crap thrown up on the side with just wet roads after a snow storm. The best part is that they are "quick-release" via thumb screws if I want to go off road.

I highly recommend them. If you choose to get them, you will find that orange is not a listed secondary color for the logo. You will need to include a note in the comments section requesting the orange logo.

Devil Dog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the "Original XL" and am VERY pleased with them. I was pretty much anti-flap before this but couldn't stand the amount of crap thrown up on the side with just wet roads after a snow storm. The best part is that they are "quick-release" via thumb screws if I want to go off road.

I highly recommend them. If you choose to get them, you will find that orange is not a listed secondary color for the logo. You will need to include a note in the comments section requesting the orange logo.
I'm not a flap guy either, but like you, I hated a snowy/salty/muddy hand when I get in.
I saw a guy had the rock blox and I thought they looked pretty cool, like a Dakar truck or something lol :like: